Fly Tying
Polarbear78

looking for a swap

New to this site and looks like swaps fill up fast around here which is nice to see... other sites I've been on struggles to get 6 people in a swap... I would be interested in a bluegill fly swap though if anyone is hosting

Eh what the heck, I'll host. How does a 15 person swap sound for bluegill fly patterns. Deadline of March 31 sound okay?

You should of read the rules. You need to be in 3 swaps before you can host a swap.

I would host one but I'm already in the process of hosting a swap.

Dude read the instructions to all swappers at the top of the Swaps forum, you can only host after completing two swaps on the board. More than likely someone will be willing to host a bluegill swap even though several have already been done this year just give it a bit of time..

Read the first post regarding rules thinking those were "the rules"....guess I wont be hosting this one then.

The project healing waters is not a swap. There for it does not need swappers. Its all charity. NO RETURN FLIES.

Read the first post regarding rules thinking those were "the rules"....guess I wont be hosting this one then.

Sorry wasn't trying to sound like an ass or pop your bubble, but if you request a certain swap it usually will happen it just may take a day or two for someone to decide to host. I would but I am trying to finish up a swap I have running at the moment.

Sorry wasn't trying to sound like an ass or pop your bubble, but if you request a certain swap it usually will happen it just may take a day or two for someone to decide to host. I would but I am trying to finish up a swap I have running at the moment.

Not a problem, already found my way into one my first day to the site, and got an invite for an upcoming one!

Good to know, I should be heading to Cabelas in a day or two to pick up my new vise, I ordered it last week...I will take a looksy at what they have for popper kits and go from there. I'll post some pics after tying a batch up! What size is recommended for bluegill or bass?

Good to know, I should be heading to Cabelas in a day or two to pick up my new vise, I ordered it last week...I will take a looksy at what they have for popper kits and go from there. I'll post some pics after tying a batch up! What size is recommended for bluegill or bass?

I think you meant to put this over in the Fly bench post B)

I think you meant to put this over in the Fly bench post B)

yes, yes i did...once I realized I posted here, I couldn't find a way to delete a post...oops!

The project healing waters is not a swap. There for it does not need swappers. Its all charity. NO RETURN FLIES.

:nono:

You are very wrong Mr. Utah, the "Project Healing Waters Swap" is a swap. The only difference is you are swapping your time, tying skills and good will to do something good for handicapped and disabled Vets in exchange for getting some flies back. Sure you do't get any flies back but I would hope that the good feeling you get for doing something nice would be enough! Obviously by telling others to not join the "Project healing Waters Swap" you are only showing how selfish and short sighted you are when it comes to those who haved served our country and made sacrifices. Shame on you for telling others not to join. Even the sponsor of this swap site, J. Stockard Fly Fishing, made donations to help this swap and cause. I was told the swappers on this website were good people with big hearts, I guess that does not include you Johny Utah! <_< If you need flies that badly from a swap I'll gladly tie up a dozen and send them to you!

flytyman1