Fly Tying
Clear Cure

Clear Cure Goo Flies

I wanted to thank Hatches for the opportunity to sponsor the board- The Magazine is just amazing and this board has been the inspiration to many a fly. Anyway, occasionally I will put up some of the recent Clear Cure Goo flies that I have tied or have had submitted from other tiers much more talented than myself. Hope you enjoy the stuff and it helps you in your tying.

You can follow the Clear Cure Goo at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clear-Cure-Goo/335281047156

http://www.clearcuregoo.com

http://twitter.com/ClearCureGoo

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

your stuff has been on my wish list for a while. Ever since I started tying this past summer. I will get some soon hopefully once I can convince the wife it is money well spent. :yahoo:

your stuff has been on my wish list for a while. Ever since I started tying this past summer. I will get some soon hopefully once I can convince the wife it is money well spent. :yahoo:

Haha Bryan i am in almost exactly the same boat as you, got my eyes on this stuff just waiting to pony up some cash to buy some as i have seen some awesome looking flies above and also on the FB page. I have asked a local fly shop if they will stock it but the guy had never heard of it.

Yeah the so called "expert" at cabellas hadn't heard of it either of course when I went in asking for GSP thread he had no clue what I was asking for either. He likes to talk a lot about how much he knows then when called on it he only knows a few patterns that he ties all the time. That is why I go this forumn it has more info than any "expert" in a shop.

Great looking flies!!

I clicked on the link to your web site but there is a typo you might want to fix in the above post.

The web site is at

It is written www.cleaercuregoo.com which doesn't work.

Good looking material, look forward to trying it.

Yeah the so called "expert" at cabellas hadn't heard of it either of course when I went in asking for GSP thread he had no clue what I was asking for either. He likes to talk a lot about how much he knows then when called on it he only knows a few patterns that he ties all the time. That is why I go this forumn it has more info than any "expert" in a shop.

LOL yep i have had the same issue, when i enter the shop i have what i need in my head so i start rummaging around always saying to myself about the guy 'please don't come and ask if i need help' at the end i go up for the items i could not find *sigh* it takes quite a bit to explain things. Surprisingly he did know what GSP was but said i shouldn't buy it as its too expensive, it did take a good 15 minutes to describe clear cure goo or even anything set with a UV light. In the end he recommended me some varnish lol.

Yep this place is full of experts, no wonder so many people prefer online shopping!

Great looking flies!!

I clicked on the link to your web site but there is a typo you might want to fix in the above post.

The web site is at

Great... Look at me, I was the kid who always was the first to sit down in the classroom spelling bee, and as you can see.... it has not improved.

If your local shop does not carry it... please ask them to contact us at:

[email protected]

We would much rather have it locally available than to have to ship individual orders.

Thanks for the help too!!

Great looking flies!!

The web site is at

Great... Look at me, I was the kid who always was the first to sit down in the classroom spelling bee, and as you can see.... it has not improved.

If your local shop does not carry it... please ask them to contact us at:

[email protected]

We would much rather have it locally available than to have to ship individual orders.

Thanks for the help too!!

Are you sure you spelled the email correctly? LOL I am just kidding. All I have is cabellas and bass pro shops around me. Nebraska isn't the bigest fly fishing state around. :ripped:

LOL yep i have had the same issue, when i enter the shop i have what i need in my head so i start rummaging around always saying to myself about the guy 'please don't come and ask if i need help' at the end i go up for the items i could not find *sigh* it takes quite a bit to explain things. Surprisingly he did know what GSP was but said i shouldn't buy it as its too expensive, it did take a good 15 minutes to describe clear cure goo or even anything set with a UV light. In the end he recommended me some varnish lol.

Yep this place is full of experts, no wonder so many people prefer online shopping!

Best one was about a year ago I bought some of the loon uv cure (sorry it was all they had) and they had no idea what it was...... I had to go find a UV light and then show them how it is used!!!! Wonderful Bass Pro there. They had it on the shelf and had no idea as to what the heck it even was. Pro my arse.

Bryan, you do have some killer carpin' though. I have thought many times of making a day trip up your way to get after the gold backs myself

By the way Clear Cure, what hackle are you using on those flies???? Is that Keuogh?????

Steve

Steve- Its whatever I could pick up on sale to be honest. You cant beat Keuogh for the price, but I know there is a couple metz and a few whittings in there. I was at the Pleasanton show it was AMAZING to see how many ladies where coming JUST to get their hands on some hackle for hair. I watched a lady stack 15 capes and took them all. #1 Grades.

I hope the fad ends quick.

What does hackle in the hair look like? Anybody have a pic of a chick with it in her hair? Is that the stuff Steven Tyler has in his hair?

In NJ I haven't seen this done yet!!! Is this school girls, adults, sounds very strange :dunno:

Maybe I should try and sell the hair dressers the Clear Goo to hold the feathers in place longer? :ph34r:

Thanks...Sorry for taking this thread off topic...But that is a waste of good hackle..

Now about the clear cure goo.. I will check that out at my local fly shop.. :headbang: