Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
O2fsh

Twin Clouser Swap

SWAP IS FULL

For my first swap I would like to host a twin clouser swap.

Each swapper is to tie two identical clousers for each swapper, ten total.

First five swappers responding with "I'm in" will tie ten identical clousers and mail them to me by 20APR11. I will distribute the clousers, each participant getting two from every other participant and mail them straight away. Each tier will get ten clousers to use in their local waters.

Please don't forget your return envelope. PM me for my address.

Come on folks, let see some cool clousers!!!

I am in with a #1 saltwater pattern.

O2Fsh

List of swappers

1. O2Fsh ----Flo. Red 1---Finish tonight.

2. Flon18 --- TBD---- RECEIVED

3. Odaon---- Pink small------ RECEIVED

4. Shad ---- Blue and white size TBD---RECEIVED

5. Li'lDave --- Pink 6-----RECEIVED

6. ctious --- TBD---- OUT WITH INJURED HAND

I'm in! I'll tie a smaller sized clouser that works great on sunfish, crappie and bass. Probably in pink.

I'm in...will look to see what materials I have tonight but probably going to be blue and white.

shad

:rolleyes: This has taken way too long to fill!!

So, I'm in with a size 6 (I think, depends on what hooks I've got) pink and black clouser with bead-chain eyes (that is if you will have an international :ph34r: )... I use it in the freshwater for our "baby tarpon", spangled perch and juvenile barramundi, and in the salt for some of our other species... a very nice little baitfish / shrimp pattern I feel. Casts very nicely on 4 and 6wts and can't wait to try 'em on my newest project (a 6ft6 2wt that I've just begun the build on).

I hope you don't mind it's in pink too :rolleyes:

Well, ctious and li'lDave filled it!!!!

Let's have some fun and tie some awesome flies!!! Get em' in on time and I'll get them right back to you!!!!

I fish primarily salt water for stripers and blues. You guys?

O2Fsh

Well, ctious and li'lDave filled it!!!!

Let's have some fun and tie some awesome flies!!! Get em' in on time and I'll get them right back to you!!!!

I fish primarily salt water for stripers and blues. You guys?

O2Fsh

A mixture of salt and sweet for me mate.... I'll throw little clousers around the beach for species such as flathead, silver bream (that I haven't caught yet), salmon (blue and threadfin, NOT true salmon), and trevally (Jacks) and queenfish.... In the estuaries I'll throw them at barramundi, mangrove jacks (mangrove snapper), etc... In the fresh, tarpon (ox-eye herring), spangled perch, sooty grunter and jungle perch....

i use mostly smaller ones for whitebass and bass.. i figure i will tie them in a size 4... may do them in a 2... this is my first swap... so i need to tie how many of the same thing????

should these be a standard fly or can we throw a twist or 2 into it????

i use mostly smaller ones for whitebass and bass.. i figure i will tie them in a size 4... may do them in a 2... this is my first swap... so i need to tie how many of the same thing????

Ctious,

Tie ten of the same flies. They should be as close to identical as you can. You decide on pattern and size.... as long as they are clousers.

O2Fsh

Ctious,

Tie ten of the same flies. They should be as close to identical as you can. You decide on pattern and size.... as long as they are clousers.

O2Fsh

sounds good... i am working on a clouser with a muddler head right now... if i get it how i like it i may tie those for the 10... plain clousers are kind of boring.. :)