Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
EzGoing

J Vise?

What are your opinions on the JVice? I'm intrigued by them but have not used one. Are they smooth, easy to use? What about hook sizes? Also, why no flat metal base...it appears to come only with the wood base which I believe is a minus. Any info appreciated! Can you compare it to a Dynaking Barracuda?

check out the order form

i believe you can order just the vise without the wooden base

the c-clamp is also optional

I have played with an earlier model a few years back when jay was quite unknown. the quality of jays product is absolutely first rate and you would likely never have to buy another vise. If I could afford another vise, his would be the way I would go. they are not inexpensive, but are well worth the price.

marc

I got #88 he made a few years ago. I also got the damasteel jaws and the midge haws. Ibhave had renzetti master vise, I have the LAW vise. The jvice is better for tying. New pro jaws will hold any sized hook. Can't go wrong with one of his vises!!!!

No! Flytire! The children will never learn how to do things if we keep doing it for them. :baby:

OOPS!! i thought of it more as a teaching moment! :cheers:

www.jvise.com

Picture2-1.png

I prefer the Pro-Jaws... a bit more graceful and to the point... ordering can be a-la-cart, customized to your design... It's a work of art and a wonderful tool... if it's not coming from Jay in Durban, South Africa, it's a knock off !

NO regrets! I really enjoy my J-Vise!