Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TheYiman

Smallmouth Swap

hope mine are comeing tomorrow,going out to to the lake in the late afternoon.our little group of flies look purdy good dont they.

THE FLIES CAME IN THE MAIL TO DAY,THANKS GUYS THE TIES ARE GREAT.LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE MY STUFF OR ANY TIPS ON MY TIEING SKILLS.

YIMAN THANKS FOR HOSTING THIS GREAT SWAP,IT WAS MY FIRST SWAP AND IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

THANKS AGAIN,

BRYAN'SALTY FLY'

WOW!

cant wait to take this box down to the river....monday I hope.

Thanks to all for some great ties, and

to the Yiman for hosting

Darrin

Mail person dropped of a fantastic box of flies today. Now if I could just get all my house repairs done, I got no excused not to be catching some smallmouths. Thanks for hosting Yiman, and a truly great job everyone.

I am glad these flies have been showing up. I went to a music festival and am just back checking on the swap.

How about everyone else have your flies shown up yet?

Well, I hope y'all got your flies back and like the results of the swap.

Saltyfly - I really liked your big brown streamer. Keep up the good work. I see this streamer landing a big Fat Daddy Bass this season. I've got just the place I want to try it out and connect with the big boys. Only a tiny bit of critique - I might have used a bigger hook for such a big streamer, but that is my input. I only say this because recently I have really been trying to find just the perfect hooks for the flies I tie.

I haven't tried them all yet but I was using my fly Monday and hook and lost a SM that was close to 4#. He came up 3 times and I tried to keep him down and on the third jump out came my fly. It was a really nice fish. Im working on one for a Black Nose Dace right now and next is the Common Shiner.

Kevin

Nice. I knew your streamer would catch fish! I can't wait to throw it myself.

Well, I hope y'all got your flies back and like the results of the swap.

Saltyfly - I really liked your big brown streamer. Keep up the good work. I see this streamer landing a big Fat Daddy Bass this season. I've got just the place I want to try it out and connect with the big boys. Only a tiny bit of critique - I might have used a bigger hook for such a big streamer, but that is my input. I only say this because recently I have really been trying to find just the perfect hooks for the flies I tie.

I would like to star useing hooks with bigger gaps.I have been hearing talk about the Tiemco 8089,I think.Those flies I tyed with Tiemco 5262 #4.I want To get the right hooks for the diffrent kind of flies I am tying,I could use all the help That I can Get.I just want to tie better.Check out my new crawdad foam back streamer,It is in the tying bench.It should give a few sore lips to some bass.

Thanks again guys for the great bugs.

Guest rich mc

all real nice flies. if anyone wanted instructions for my shannon streamer its on flyfishohio.com. thanks for hosting rich mc