Fly Tying
mybadhabit

minimalistic swap

I had my wife mail my flies for me today, but was unable to toe tag them, sorry, but I plan to be gone from home for quite a while longer. The fire is now well over 410,000 acres and growing rapidly.

Mine are the pan fish pheasant tails.

Body: pheasant tail

Tail: pheasant tail

Thorax: rabbit dubbing red

Rib: uni-wire rust

The news reports on this fire have been unbeliveable. Keep safe Firedad, and I hope you guys can turn the corner on this one soon!

Mike.

Just a friendly reminder to all who's flies I haven't yet received, there is only one week until they have to be in the mail!!!

I went with a single material pattern, and did two. The first one is a midge larvae, tied with black and white varigated rod wrapping thread. The second is simply deer hair tied in as a bullit head, and tied back all the way to the hook barb. I would use it when the fish were hitting the adult midges skittering across the pond. Both the bass and blugill loved em. These large midges got to be so thick by mid to late June, it made fishing rather miserable.

In the mail right now..

Received some nice looking Panfish Polecat's today. And I think Watsatch is out, I have tried to contact him several times and have not received any reply and the mail in date is passed so you will all be receiving one extra fly from another tyer at random. Unless anyone objects to that, if you do please let me know, so I can get them sorted and back to you asap.

Thanks for letting me do this swap, it's been fun.

Blane

Steelheadhunter, are you in Canada by chance, b/c I haven't received your flies yet? Once I get those, I will divide and send.