Fly Tying
jhammer

Tunes at the fly bench?

Mostly stuff to get me into a fishing/outdoors frame of mind. right now down in the rod/fly shop I have currently in my 6 Disc CD changer...

Soundtrack from "A River Runs Through It"

Soundtrack from "Into The Wild"

"Sounds of the River" (It's an instrumental relaxation CD)

"Rocky Mountain Rain" (another instrumental relaxation CD)

"Alabama Live" (my favorite country band from back in the 80's & 90's

Then the other disc in the changer is a fly fishing DVD called "Once in a blue moon".

So that's what I have been listening to this week.

Steve

Ok, this is the tunes i got on for tying this week. Don't Ask.. B)

Dashboard Confessional ( All albums )

Something Corporate ( All albums )

The Used (Songs from 2002 -2004)

My Chemical Romance ( Songs from albums in 2002 - 2006 )

Hawthorne Heights ( Songs from albums in 2004-2006)

UnderOath (Songs from 2004)

30 Seconds To Mars ( Mix of songs)

Most often times when tying dries or small delicate flies I like to tie to instrumental music of some form be it classical Vivaldi or just Santana I like classical for tiny intricate stuff. Now when I am tying big mean nasty flies I like to tie to Linkin Park, Evenescence, or Incubus with the occasional Jack Johnson mixed in there.

Steve

Well my selection of tunes didn't make it for the week. I now made three new playlists for today's fly tying sessions. Guess for me i like randomness when tying flies. And often don't listen to the same type of music all day in and out. B)

Morning tunes...80's vibe

R.E.M.,Eric Clapton, U2,Bon Jovi,Van Halen,Guns N' Roses,Def Leppard,Metallica,Motley Crue,Ozzy Osbourne,Pink Floyd,RATT,Whitesnake

Afternoon tunes...Old School

Public Enemy,N.W.A,Run DMC, LL cool J,Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five,Dr. Dre,Kurtis Blow,Eazy-E,Naughty By Nature,Eric B. & Rakim,Eminem,The Jungle Brothers

Evening tunes..Big Band

Benny Goodman,Glenn Miller,Count Basie,Andrews Sisters,Big Bad Voodoo Daddy ,Brian Setzer Orchestra,Stray Cats,Jonathan Stout and His Campus Five.

So, What is on your playlist for today? Or is your I-pod just stuck on replay? B)

Most of the time while tying I listen to 33s, but other times on my MP3 player. A ton of old country such as John Denver, Glen Campbell, The Pozo Seco Singers, all Toby Keith's early albums (Up to about his second greatest hits cd), and a TON of Don Williams. I really like ABBA too. Kinda weird because I'm 19, but I don't have much interest in music made now. All the old stuff is what I grew up on, it's what my dad listened to when he was young, and his love for it got passed to me. One thing is sure, they don't make or write music like they used to.