Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

fly idea

This is something I put together for a anchor for a dropper or some deep nymphing. Let me know what you think. What needs changed? It's nothing new just new for me.

Kevin

post-3866-0-80659300-1309919352_thumb.jpg

post-3866-0-19354100-1309919376_thumb.jpg

I don't really know much about anchor nymphs. But I would say that it'll get down fast due to the beads, and wire. It also looks prett damn buggy with the dubbing, tail, and rubber legs. I would say the only thing you need to do is add water. And wait for a fish to eat it.

looks great I will take a dozen for ummmmmmmmmmmm testing yeah thats it testing

i 2nd that!

shane

looks great I will take a dozen for ummmmmmmmmmmm testing yeah thats it testing

i 2nd that!

shane

iso I would realy like to get over your way to test this and other like my Gizmo. It works well on the North Branch Potomac.

Kevin

That's a great nymph. Fish catcher for sure. If it works. I wouldn't change it.

I would add a little flash to the dubbing collar. Maybe blend in some ice, polar, or sts to the dubbing.

Great tying.

Johny U

Hi Kevin. That will certainly get down to the fish real fast. If the fish are eating they're going to swallow it. I would leave it as is for skinny water, and add some flash for higher-colored water. Just my opinion. It's buggy and a must for any nymph I use. Go get 'em.

Bruce

Deadly now. ;) , I find flash works great whenever, wheater it be high off color or low and gin.

Great tying!

Tight ties

Johnny U.

Awesome looking fly with the flash. I also agree with above post on fishing that fly in any type of water condition, Clear, Stained,and Yohoo. I'm sure it will produce for you in any of them.. B)

I dig it. Especially the two bead combo. What is the material between the two beads? Some flashy stuff may help but I have a feeling that changing up the color combos may get more fish than adding a little flash to that fish killer.

I dig it. Especially the two bead combo. What is the material between the two beads? Some flashy stuff may help but I have a feeling that changing up the color combos may get more fish than adding a little flash to that fish killer.

That material is a mix of Hex color antron,olive ice dub and fox under fur. I did a few different color combo's to see how it goes.

Kevin