Fly Tying

I'm doing 9 just incase someone jumps in for this month

OK, I'll shoot for nine. No problem, just don't expect mine to amount to much. While we're at it, do you have any suggestions for patterns for next month? Where can I go to get some ideas?

Thanks

Clousers, sculpins, wooly buggers, crayfish patterns, or some of the big trout streamer patterns, look at some of Kelly Galoups patterns.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Steve

BB

looks like we have 10 in this one after all BB your flies arrived today great tying bro dahlbergs are great bass catchers I also got a great set of STP frogs from IBRB another great set of flies thank you both for the extras

Paul

I was going to mail mine last week but ran into a few issues I needed to deal with, so I will try and get them in the mail tomorrow, sorry for the delay everyone.

Steve

looks like we have 10 in this one after all BB your flies arrived today great tying bro dahlbergs are great bass catchers I also got a great set of STP frogs from IBRB another great set of flies thank you both for the extras

Rrss l did not send enough flies for 10 swappers. I can not tie any more until next week. Can I make it up to you when I send in the August set? Bb

Rrss l did not send enough flies for 10 swappers. I can not tie any more until next week. Can I make it up to you when I send in the August set? Bb

yeah BB its ok I will just put mine in for him and we can work something out you just take your recoup period easy and get to feeling better

Mine went in the mail today. I got a little "trim happy" on a couple but overall I'm pleased with them. I also got last month's flies in the mail today. Look like some bluegill slayers, a few might end up in my trout flies too.

Hook: Gamakatsu B10S #1

Thread: 140 denier for tail, GSP for deer hair

Tail: Chartreuse marabou and grizzly hackles, with UV pink krystal flash

Head and collar: Deer hair. Chartreuse with orange spots. Pink face.

Eyes: Red domed

Legs: Orange Sparkle Rubber from spinner bait skirts

The faces have a coat of flexament

-Mike

sorry for the delay on mine. I have made all the bodies but the marabou for the tails of my poppers hasn't gotten to me in the mail yet. it should be here tomorrow though.

Folks; I have been awol for a bit. I somehow blew off the June bluegill surface fly deadline, realized it too late at the very last minute.

I sent an explanation to our host, asking if I could include the June BG bugs with my July bass bug offerings rather than delay the June swap. Not hearing anything back, (I haven't been checking in regularly, following any problems with this swap) I just assumed this was acceptable, if not desireable.

Checking back recently in preparation of sending out both June and July offerings, I realize our host never received my message. Not sure what has happened with the new format but I am apparently having some "challenges" communicating.

So; long story short, I sent 2 doz. foam bluegill bugs late for my June submission (penance/a peace offering) along with a dozen deer hair bugs out by priority mail for my July Bass Bug offering last Friday. Our host should receive both batches this Monday (Aug. 1).

I will do better from here on with my keeping track of things. This is my first tardiness with any swaps and I have no excuse. Somehow June just came and went in the blink of an eye and I lost track of the schedule. My BAD.

Forgive me, please.

salmonid

x-posted in June Bluegill swap section.

the last couple of days brought some sweet sets of flies

first is Cracklebacks deer hair divers just an all around great pattern tied to perfection

second is bertgwens floating buggars a true classic with a twist I love it

third is bluegill576s poppers incredible tying would make Ron (stippled popper) proud

and last but surely not least Salmonids Deer hair frogs true works of art and surely a bass magnet

the last couple of days brought some sweet sets of flies

first is Cracklebacks deer hair divers just an all around great pattern tied to perfection

second is bertgwens floating buggars a true classic with a twist I love it

third is bluegill576s poppers incredible tying would make Ron (stippled popper) proud

and last but surely not least Salmonids Deer hair frogs true works of art and surely a bass magnet

Glad they made it but they're poppers, not divers.

-Mike