Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Shhh.. dont tell anyone i did this

Nice plug you trader tongue.gif . I'll be expecting that trout card by this weekend flex.gif

Seriously though Nice tie.

Jim (hopingforsteelheadsoon)

Beautiful paint job Steveo thumbup.gif

I would recommend maybe making the tail a little fuller, "sparse" doesn't apply to Bass flies biggrin.gif

Welcome to the club cool.gif

QUOTE (Troutman @ Dec 2 2004, 09:12 PM)
Nice plug you trader tongue.gif . I'll be expecting that trout card by this weekend flex.gif

laugh.gif ahhhh i cant find my card right now let me look for it and get back to ya unsure.gif wink.gif

Vices another hobby of mine is doing airbrush work so i airbrushed it white and then shaded green halfway down. Then i took a piece of the foam kitchen draw liner that has the little "block" pattern to it you can buy in rolls and held it over the body and sprayed a darker green to give it spots.

SD

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Dec 2 2004, 09:27 PM)
I would recommend maybe making the tail a little fuller, "sparse" doesn't apply to Bass flies biggrin.gif

naw cus then it might catch a bass and.......that means i'd have to *gulp* touch it unsure.gif

Lewy i cant remember who makes the popper body but it comes preformed and has i slit in the bottom for the hook so all you have to do is open the slit up a bit and fill it to cover the hook. Then i sand the body lightly and airbrush it.

I think i paid around $10 for a pack of 8 ir 10 of them if i remember correct.

SD

pretty nice.

I'm primarily a trout tyer and fisher, but truth be told I fish for bass and bluegill a hell of a lot more often. makes sense since I live in a complex of fifteen lakes surrounded by more than I can count. so I'm fishing the warmwater pretty much every evening (not tonight too cold-40degrees f).

so...shhh...I tie a lotta bass flies too.

still not as many as trout flies. nor are they as challenging...

mgj

Keep your trout card. Right now I am heating up some tar. Anyone have a feather pillow and a 2 by 4? j_k.gif Really, nice popper! I plan on fishing for bass and bluegill, along with trout, this spring and summer with my grandson who is 13 years old. Got him a flyrod about year and a half ago but his sports schedule and my work schedule prevented us from fishing together. I want to get him to tie some flies and have a bluegill popper kit to put together. Great job!! headbang.gif