Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SmallieBumm

Casting For the Cure

Theres a link here that can explain what this organization is doing better then what I can. I'm tying 200 flie for the cause; they ask that you tie 100 of the same fly. It sounds like alot but we still have over a month to get it done. I thought this would be a good site to advertise it on because your a good bunch of guys. Even if your far from South Bend, dont be scared to get involved. You can always mail your flies to them. Thats what I'm doing. If you decide to participate, please post so on here so I can keep track of how many get involved and send Tim an Email from this link letting him know what your going to be tying.

http://sjrvff.com/?page_id=182

Theres a strict list of flies they will be accepting so please note this before buying your materials. Theres something for every style of tyer though. Thanks for your help guys. I look forward to seeing how many I can get recruited off this forum.

Hey SmallieBumm: I think this is great and am looking to help. Im thinking of doing 100 mickey finns. What is the date I need to have them to Indiana by?

Thanks for signing up! March 3rd is the date they need to be here by. Spread the word

No problem smalliebumm. Just ordered my material. Will be in the keys this weekend but am sure to start tying next week. Im gonna try like hell for a 100 flies. If I dont reach that many I will send what I have. Im motivated currently so we will see how it works out!

Cmon guys. its for a good cause. If you can't come up with 100 its no big deal. People have been donating 50 or less even. Anything helps.

I found that if you tell fly shops they may even donate the material you need.. Just have to ask :rolleyes:

Do you care if they're all the same pattern? I've recently put together a fly tying club in my area and I'm sure I can get some of the guys to pick a pattern and knock out a dozen or so each.

This is a great cause!

Last year I built furled leaders for the retreat and a fly line that was auctioned at the national event. I did this through my local club last year. I will do something similar this year. Now I need to see what I can do through here with the time I have available.

Paul

They would like them all to be the same pattern. If you can get guys in your club to all tie a dozen or so, you should be able to come up with your numbers. Thanks for participating and be sure to email Tim from the link I posted about the pattern you have chosen. There is also a list of flies on there to choose from. 50 of a pattern and 50 of another should be fine too.

Very nice man. I've got a little over 60 tied and on March 3rd I'll be in South Bend tying as many as I can knock out in 8 hours. Theres gonna be a big dinner and a couple big time tyers there showing how to do some complex patterns. If you can make it down Ben that'd be awesome. By the way did you email Tim and tell him your involved?

Very nice man. I've got a little over 60 tied and on March 3rd I'll be in South Bend tying as many as I can knock out in 8 hours. Theres gonna be a big dinner and a couple big time tyers there showing how to do some complex patterns. If you can make it down Ben that'd be awesome. By the way did you email Tim and tell him your involved?

Hmm.. Southbend. Ive never been and I dont think its that far, its always an option.

I have not emailed him. I could if Im supposed to!