Fly Tying
Chase Creek

Table Tripod?

Anybody know of a table tripod that can be used with a DSLR? All the ones I've looked at are for light POS cameras. I have a Canon Ti2 DSLR, and it's too heavy for those tripods. Either the ball thingy slips, or the tripod is tipsy cuz the legs don't spread out far enough for stable support.

Glanced at them a while back, but not very closely. Had a pm from another member here on the forum, and he suggested the same thing. Checking to see if any of the local camera shops have them so I can try them out hands-on.

Thanks

Have you looked at any of the Joby Gorillapods? You can usually find them at high end photo shops.

This is what I'd get. Make sure you buy the right SLR model. They have two. One is good for 6# and I believe the other is good for 13#.

I use a Targus TG-4211 for table top photos. Holds my Canon 20D even with the long 200mm lens very well. It extends up to a 50" height but collapsed all the way down it makes for a perfect table top tripod and has a very strong mount and swivel. I tried some ofthe very cheap little ones off ebay and ended up breaking two of them before I bought this one. This one only cost about $20'ish.

tripod.jpg

If I might suggest an alternative to a table tripod.

Have you thought about a Manfrotto Magic Arm with a

camera platform and a Super Clamp?

$(KGrHqFHJE4E88eUQvUgBPR99hhcZ!~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJBkE8f+8pvmeBPLfCHj8C!~~60_58.JPG

You would clamp it to the edge of your shooting table,

position the camera where you wanted it and lock it

into place with the push of a lever. It is more than capable

of supporting your camera.

For minute adjustments you might pick up a pair of these

set perpendicular to one another for minute lateral and depth adjustments.

e213fa96a3814facc9ea6a8b3c40ba0c.jpg

Kimo

I love my Super Clamp but I don't think it opens wide enough for my tying bench. I don't think the wife is too happy with the smaller table I put in the middle of the living room for the light tent, either. :unsure:

Love my Gorillapod Original. I am sure you will do well with your purchase Chase. Your photos are always Top Shelf.