Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kirk Dietrich

1st Redfish on The Dog

Well, I finally got out and threw the Rabid Dog at some redfish and decided, I'm just calling it The Dog; Rabid Dog is just to wordy. Anyway, the fish weren't huge but the wire extension held up for two fish, one was 4.5 and the other 6.5 lbs. Had another strike that I missed the hookset on.

It was a great day of sight casting and the fish were cooperative. Maybe next time we'll run in to some in the 30 inch class.

Kirk

DSC_4404-1.jpg

The proof is in the pudding! Nice work, you had me at 'sight fishing' and 'co-operative fish'!

Dude you are the king! Great looking fish Kirk, glad to see The Dog fishes as good as it looks.

Thanks fellas, it was a day you dream about, we were trying different flies to find one they would not eat! I have some video footage of this guy taking the bait; after I edit and process it, I'll put it on my youtube channel and post a link.

Kirk

Boone, they are really beautiful in our tannin stained water. At least I think that is how they get that deep rich orange color, the bass that come out of this water are really a beautiful green.

Kirk