Fly Tying
Piker20

June Flies from the Vice

At first glance I thought that was a clever looking tandem fly. Both good looking flies there.

Latest prawn pattern.

Very good. Do you make your backs with a very thin plastic first then coat with resin? Just wondering how you get that defined edge to the back?

a guy asked me to make the biggest, blackest most bushy thing i could manage for his night trout mission for monsters.... this is what i came up with..... a first for me (told u i was new to tying ) 1st is made with rabbit strips and secured with a thick brass wire, 2nd is marabou tail with rabbit wiggle dubbing and 3rd is a black marabou with lumo body

night1.jpg

night2.jpg

night3.jpg

i like that Mclaren joops ima try tie a few of those myself , cheers

clan chief

post-36289-0-26062200-1340135171_thumb.jpg

here's another Scottish loch style fly you might like.

a leggy CDC UV shrimp thing. on #14 scud hook Using the flashback kindly donated to me by a member of the forum. Looks better in the flesh. Still an issue with white patches in the curing UV.

post-42518-0-64842500-1340136605_thumb.jpg

Latest prawn pattern.

Very good. Do you make your backs with a very thin plastic first then coat with resin? Just wondering how you get that defined edge to the back?

I use a plastic table cloth that my wife gets for me at a shop called Spotlight. I cut with the shrimp cutters and shape the head so it sits between the eyes. I coat with UV knot sense, set with the light then cover with sally hansons because I don't have a turny turny thingie to rotate the fly if I use liquid fusion etc.

I can send you some samples of the carapace I use in a couple of sizes if you want, just PM me the postal details.

Dave

SHPMD-1-.jpg

Speckled Hen PMD Nymph - TMC 2488, #16 - #20...

...for the Bridge where 'ya pay $3.00...

PT/TB ;)

One for the boyz. Streamer on a #6 saltwater. Touch of flash hidden behind skirt.

post-42518-0-30710800-1340200308_thumb.jpg

More traditional

post-42518-0-78280400-1340200396_thumb.jpg