Fly Tying
Piker20

June Flies from the Vice

Here is an easy crayfish pattern I have been tying

7163528369_84bfe08f41_c.jpg

7348732088_5f7255f30b_c.jpg

That's one sweet crawdaddy...I believe it deserves a place in the database...hint hint... :lol:

Murray

Well firstly I got my Tubeology supplies in yesterday and started playing around with tube fly's, first was a shrimp patterm.

post-42559-0-69988600-1339146963_thumb.jpg

Secondly, I popped down to the only tackle store in the area that stocks fly gear to start the process of choosing my new rod / reel and I found some polar fibre so started playing around with a baitfish pattern I remembered seeing on Youtube (not finished yet, need to get some 3D eyes and CCG)

post-42559-0-71839100-1339147113_thumb.jpg

On that craw fish, is that yellow or tan died squirrel tail for claws? Love that fly!

On that craw fish, is that yellow or tan died squirrel tail for claws? Love that fly!

The package says squirrel tail natural fox. Using the lighter (fewer gray/black hairs) side of the tail for the claws.

Darin

Here is an absolute trout slaying nymph! It doesn't look like much and the picture doesnt give it justice, but it looks like candy to trout. It uses Gary Lafontaine's Double Magic (or twist) technique in both the body and thorax.

Hook: 2x long size 12- 16 nymph hook of choice

Weight: Gold,copper,or black bead appropriate for hook

Thread: 8/0, color to match dubbing used

Tail: Turkey tail barbs

Body: Turkey tail fibers and dubbing(70% hare's ear, 30% matching color antron), double magic style

Thorax: Peacock Herl and dubbing used in body, double magic style

Thank You and Tight Lines,

Carson LeBoeuf

post-43009-0-81214600-1339205400_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-47914200-1339205408_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-02412000-1339205415_thumb.jpg

Teal Blue and Silver size 10 Low Water salmon.

TealBlueandSilver10.jpg

Finding teal large enough is the biggest problem with these.

Cheers,

C.

^ Coho would munch that!

I just making a few articulated type flies, this has pretty sparse hackle. Probably needs more turns.

post-29540-0-40452300-1339451475_thumb.jpg

Nice flies lykoss! Just watching the budget all day over here and all about the fisheries act, there are some very good speakers from out east!

http://fishermansroad.blogspot.ca/

yeah!

post-42518-0-24013400-1339508997_thumb.jpg

First attempt with UV resin to make a shrimp/scud type fly. This is on a #6 saltwater hook.

Nice flies lykoss! Just watching the budget all day over here and all about the fisheries act, there are some very good speakers from out east!

http://fishermansroad.blogspot.ca/

yeah!

Thank FFJ, unfortunately the government is not going to listen to scientist or actual fisherfolks who would really know what is going on in the fisheries. They are just like every government ever put into power, they listen to the ones who will KEEP them in power...basically a, "Money talks and you regular citizens can go to hell" attitude. I love both my home country and my adopted one, but neither are governed "for the people"...

but neither are governed "for the people"...

Lycos33 you are absolutely correct.

I am finding it pretty interesting what is going on, even tho i have only been a permanent resident for a few years now....

Anyway i call this one 'tennis' probably once again needs more hackle and less dubbing looped fox. Swims nicely and i will probably be able to see it for quite a distance.

P6121602.jpg