Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Who here has a fly tying/fishing blog?

My fishing blog can be found at:

www.bassmouthblog.blogspot.com

Ever since I have started into fly fishing it is more focused on my catches and the flies I am tying at the moment to hook them.

I have a blog that I try and make as many posts as possible at least a few times a week with new and inovative step by step patterns and material reviews, please feel free to check it out. Any feedback would be welcomed.

http://www.thefeatherbender.wordpress.com/

NICE !!!

...and I see your friends with that demented French guy too !!!... :lol:

PT/TB

This is Pat Cohen's blog

http://gotbronze.blogspot.com

... he ties some amazing flies, and sells commercially on RuSuperFly.com.

You need to check out his "punks of the past" photos.

I don't have a blog ... I don't even desire to be that "connected" to the rest of the world.

I just created a blog this morning actually! I plan on using this it as a sort of fly tying pattern how-to database with very detailed instructions, with a focus on WHY we use certain fly tying techniques when we use them (i.e. counter-wrapping ribbing on quill bodied flies to improve durability, etc.).

I also plan on documenting noteworthy fishing trips, with photo's and explanations, in sort of a fishing journal fashion. Noting time of year, time of day, species caught, water temp, successful flies, depths the fish are feeding at, equipment used, and much more. I'm actually planning a high country, golden trout, expedition this weekend with a buddy. Stay tuned for that!!

I only have one post so far, a step by step on tying a hare's ear nymph, but I plan on having a ton of content by the end of the year. I would really appreciate any feedback, or suggestions on what I could do to make this blog better.

You can check out the blog here: http://mytroutfly.blogspot.com/

Thanks for looking!

Dave

I have one that started last Christmas, I haven't added as much as I would like and have some more articles I need to write.

shoestringflyfisher.blogspot.com/

I follow a few others which have already been mentioned.

Please can I suggest that this thread is made a sticky so it can be used as a link point for evryones blog?