Fly Tying
Margaretann

A Little Bit Of Everything Swap

Well, i decided on a pattern. (I'm rarely consistent with my ties, but this has been a good producer for me.) I've tied one up as a template for the flies I'll be tying. I'm gonna try to upload a very bad picture to give you a general idea. Please excuse the dirty, marker/ paint covered tying table.

img504eaf3ea80ba.jpg

Looking good! Thanks for joining.

Your in

Thanks!

(Baby) Blue Adult Damsels #16

I can't repost the photo, but here's a link to the earlier swap:

Damsel Swap Photo

Jimboha!

Those look great can't wait to see them in our finished box. I will make sure to take a picture so everyone can see.

i just thought of it... i usually add no weight aside from the bead chain eyes to my crayfish, as i mainly fish ponds, and shallow rivers. Would you guys prefer lead eyes instead, or i can wrap some lead free wire underneath. Doesn't matter to me. I've already tied a few with the bead chain eyes, but if lead eyes are preferred i'll just keep those for myself.

One other side question; This being my first swap, i'm wondering about the shipping. I understand the concept of sending a manilla envelope, with a self addressed envelope inside, and a container for the flies. Will an altoids tin be big enough for these flies you think? If not i can send two altoids tins, or a cheap, small plano box.

I'm sure 12 flies will fit in one tin, but just dont want them to get all smashed up, etc... What do you think?

i just thought of it... i usually add no weight aside from the bead chain eyes to my crayfish, as i mainly fish ponds, and shallow rivers. Would you guys prefer lead eyes instead, or i can wrap some lead free wire underneath. Doesn't matter to me. I've already tied a few with the bead chain eyes, but if lead eyes are preferred i'll just keep those for myself.

One other side question; This being my first swap, i'm wondering about the shipping. I understand the concept of sending a manilla envelope, with a self addressed envelope inside, and a container for the flies. Will an altoids tin be big enough for these flies you think? If not i can send two altoids tins, or a cheap, small plano box.

I'm sure 12 flies will fit in one tin, but just dont want them to get all smashed up, etc... What do you think?

Welcome to fly swapping, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I have been using 6" X 9" padded envelopes with one Altoids tin and folding the return envelope in half. Plain manila envelopes tear easily with the tin inside also the possibility of crushing the tin increases with the way the Postal Service handles packages. The only time I needed anything larger than an Altoids box was for a big streamer swap.

I will do a damsel fly pattern, if that spot is left. Do we want a floating damsel, or a damsel nymph?

Oops, just read the earlier posts, look like the last spot has been taken.

I will do a damsel fly pattern, if that spot is left. Do we want a floating damsel, or a damsel nymph?

Oops, just read the earlier posts, look like the last spot has been taken.

Utyer if you want to I can add you in we will just have an extra damsel fly. Thanks

Everyone we have an extra person who wants to join. Would everyone send an extra fly making it 13. I'f not I would gladly give them mine. I just enjoy the swaps.