Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fdfretes

J Stockard Discount Codes ?

Hey guys, I was just wondering: does J. Stockard offer discount/promo/etc. codes for forum members ?

Since I have joined the forum I have purchased tying products from them both out of loyalty as well as them having very competitive prices. I know not all forum sponsors do this but there are also some that do so I figured i'd ask.

Thanks again!

Hey guys, I was just wondering: does J. Stockard offer discount/promo/etc. codes for forum members ?

i dont think so but you really should contact j stockard to be sure. only they can give you the correct answer

If you get their newsletter, they occasionally offer coded specials.

but are the codes strictly for members of this forum (as the original poster asked) only or for the general public receiving the newsletter

Norm didn't they give a code on the forum a while back? I know they send out codes in their emails on occasion , but I think they actually did post a limited time code here...

Murray

i dont recall. seems like jstockard always erase all history of their previous sales etc form the forum

At one time, when they first started sponsoring the forum, they did offer a discount for forum members, but I haven't seen that offer in several years. As a long standing non-commercial tier, I don't need many supplies, so I haven't ordered from Jammie in some time. In the past 2 years, most of my new materials have either been given to me by hunters or I picked them up at fly shows.

Hmm...would anyone be interested in forum-specific coupons/discounts ? I dont know how open they might be to the idea but if enough people are interested maybe some forum admin could ask about the possibility ?

Hey guys,

I am as guilty as the rest when trying to find a good deal and/or discount.........Keep in mind, they are financial backers of this website and w/out them, Will aka:smalliehunter would probably not be able to keep this website going for us to enjoy.....from my experience, their prices are pretty good....can you find a better deal on select items somewhere else....probably, but given their reputation for customer service as well as the fact they financially support this site, I'm not sure that it would be appropriate to approach them for a "deal" to FTF members......Several years ago we lost a big sponsor because of a couple members trashing them on this forum and Will almost had to shut down the website because of the cost.............Please keep that in mind.....

Hey guys,

I am as guilty as the rest when trying to find a good deal and/or discount.........Keep in mind, they are financial backers of this website and w/out them, Will aka:smalliehunter would probably not be able to keep this website going for us to enjoy.....from my experience, their prices are pretty good....can you find a better deal on select items somewhere else....probably, but given their reputation for customer service as well as the fact they financially support this site, I'm not sure that it would be appropriate to approach them for a "deal" to FTF members......Several years ago we lost a big sponsor because of a couple members trashing them on this forum and Will almost had to shut down the website because of the cost.............Please keep that in mind.....

As a new member I have no way of knowing that but I think your reasoning is sound. I was just throwing out an idea that ive seen put in place in other forums. As a business owner I do know the benefits that offering discounts can have in turning over old stock, generating cash flow, and overall making the customer feel more content with their purchase - everybody loves a deal!

Having said that, I will continue supporting j stockard and do appreciate the sponsorship that they provide in supporting this forum...

I hope nobody took/takes my comments in any way other than they were intended.