Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - November

Here is the sign up thread for November. Let me know what your pattern is going to be. Get out your foam, foam cutters, etc, and get to work. Most importantly: HAVE FUN.

1. Breambuster - SM - Black Foam Hopper (Looks like a cricket to me) - Completed

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Crease Poppers Received

3. Famil00 - Received - All Flies For The Rest Of The Year

4. Ristarwen - Received

5. IMX -

6. ChefBen4 - Foam Emerger - Received

7. Yetavon - Foam Spider - Received

8. Dreamcaster4639 - Received

9. BassMouth87 -

10. FrequentTyer - Foam Beetle - Received

11. Fshrmanms - Received

12 Crackleback- Received

The theme for November is "Foam." Any type of fly that you want to tie as long as foam is one of the materials. This should be a fun month to tie. Now that cooler weather is beginning to settle in, it's a good time to spend a little extra time at the bench. Let's get them tied and in. Why wait until the very last minute?

Im doing a foam emerger (bluegill size)..

Will be shipping them out in the next few days. Hunting season opens next week so I have to get them out! :lol:

I have done my last two sets of the year and will be sending them at the same time. I may include an extra set to hand out to everyone just so I can tie up another dozen panfish flies.

Hey guys,

Looks like I'll be trying a Charlie Boy Hopper, size 10. I've got red legs, so maybe I'll do some up in cinnamon brown? Orange? Green? The foam I have isn't in very "fishy" colors, and I feel like I should at least use some of it up before I go out and buy more...What colors do bluegills like?

Hey guys,

Looks like I'll be trying a Charlie Boy Hopper, size 10. I've got red legs, so maybe I'll do some up in cinnamon brown? Orange? Green? The foam I have isn't in very "fishy" colors, and I feel like I should at least use some of it up before I go out and buy more...What colors do bluegills like?

Im pretty sure they are not too picky. I have caught gills on just about every color. Orange is probably the best I'd say.

BB I think I am going to tie the same pattern for December bluegill club that I did for my November swap club a round dinny possibly in fire tiger colors with just a change in tail color or maybe a complete color change all together let me dig around my paints

post-10925-0-06026000-1353083541_thumb.jpg