Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - November

Got mine in the mail; love em! getting the extras was cool. How'd you make that glitter popper Riff? looks like a real bream killer!

you folks hit a home run with this set of flies.....i'm going to have to step up my game on these foam flies..

great job everyone!

regards,

imx

Just ran across the Bluegill Swap Club!!!!! I'm new to flyfishing and have started to tie. It would be great to see flies that are for panfish(mostly bluegills). I fish mainly in southern Indiana. We winter in Florida and I will be fishing brackish river waters. My success rate is limited to predawn and just a few minutes before darkness. Any instruction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi edm812. Actually, this is the Bluegill Swap Club thread from November of last year. The Bluegill Swap Club is still operating this year, but I'm afraid that it's a closed group for members only. The way it works is that people join at the beginning of the year with the intention of staying in all year. They tied a set of flies each month based on a predetermined set of "Themes," like flies with rubber legs, or flies with bead chain eyes, or whatever. Of course, we do have people to drop out from time to time and then we have to find someone who is willing to fill in for the tyer who has to drop out. Right now, we have a full slate & one person on the waiting list. We are pretty near the end of the swap club for this year, having only 3 months to go. But I will keep you in mind in case we should have 2 more people to drop out. But there are lots of other swaps starting up all the time. Feel free to watch the Swap and Contest forum and if a new swap is open that interests you, you are welcome to join.

Breambuster

I just ran across the "Bluegill Swap Club"! I'm new to flyfishing & tying. Any examples of what/how to tie would be greatly appreciated. I bluegill fish in southern Indiana. I just don't seem to have much luck catching.

Thanks in advance.

Ed.

My email address is [email protected] if needed.

Just recently ran across this site. Love it!!! I'm from southern IN and fish for bluegills/redears/crappies from May till OCT. I winter in SW Florida the remainder of the year. I'm going to do some flyfishing in the brackish river waters.

It would be great if you/someone would post pics of your top 5 (or 10) bluegill flies!!!!!!! BB, your predator fly sounds like it is a tremendous fly!!!!

How do I get involved with the swap club.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

My email is [email protected]

Have a great day.

Ed

I apologize for my recent post. I forgot I had already contacted you.

I will continue to watch your site.

Have a great day.

Ed.