Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - November

after my brain dead moment of last months last minute fly's, mine are done for this month and will be mailed on monday...its a foam popper variation of sorts, sort of a tweak of a frog pattern that i have used but should work great on the gills..i almost forgot how much i dislike tying with foam, something about it just rubs me wrong, not sure why i just don't enjoy it....LOL not complaining just sayin is all rolleyes.gif

anyways i can't wait to get this set of flies as well, many of the patterns i've received this yr will be copied and fillin the fly boxes, AWESOME swap breambuster.

regards,

IMX

Fshrmanms, I'm sorry to be so late getting this posted, but your flies arrived last Wednesday. I got them out of the mail box just as I was leaving out to go away for a few days for Thanksgiving. The computer was already shut down & I didn't have internet access while I was away. We got back home today and I wanted to let you know that your flies have arrived. They are very nice. They are going to drive the 'gills CRAZY!

Thanks!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Everyone!

BB

We have received 2 more sets of flies that I need to acknowledge. First, there are some very nice flies from Dreamcaster that we received a couple of days ago. And today we received a box FULL of flies from Yetavon. He has sent in 3 flies for each of you and he will be receiving the box of flies that I had saved back for another swapper who dropped out a couple of months ago. Yetavon is also going to be sending in 2 sets of flies in December because he wasn't totally satisfied with 1 of the sets you will be receiving from him this month.

All of these flies, those from Dreamcaster and those from Yetavon are going to be real 'Gill Slayers! This swap club just keeps getting better and better thanks to each one of you.

Take care

BB

Glad they made it....I passed along my 1st foam attempt anyway, didnt feel like cutting through the superglue.

My flys went in the mail this morning. I hope they are not late arriving. I've been trying to get to the post office for almost 2 weeks and the stars finally aligned.

Mike.

Mine went in the mail yesterday morning. I did some gill sized gurglers.

Hook: Mustad 3366 #8

Thread: yellow 8/0

Tail: Hen hackle barbs, yellow

Body: Krystal flash chenille, yellow

Legs: Round Rubber, yellow

Back: Craft foam, black

-Mike

Ugh, guys, I'm so sorry! I have 2 more to tie and then I'll get them in the mail tomorrow before I leave for work. I feel like such a slacker... :unsure: Anyway, I'll get those suckers out ASAP, and I'll get started right away on December so that I can maybe do extras.

Just as a kind of update, I wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the original post for this thread indicating which flies I have received and which ones are still out. Several sets are in the mail. So far we have received 7 sets and there are still 5 more sets that are still out. I'm expected several sets just any day now. If you haven't mailed yours yet, it's time to really get busy. Thanks you all for your participating in the swap club. You have all done some excellent work this year and you are to be commended.

Take care

BB

Just as a kind of update, I wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the original post for this thread indicating which flies I have received and which ones are still out. Several sets are in the mail. So far we have received 7 sets and there are still 5 more sets that are still out. I'm expected several sets just any day now. If you haven't mailed yours yet, it's time to really get busy. Thanks you all for your participating in the swap club. You have all done some excellent work this year and you are to be commended.

Take care

BB

Bream you have been an excellent SM. Filling in for me every other month when I forget toe tags. Thanks my friend!

Thanks BassMouth. Hopefully they will not be held up at the border by some customs official who wants to fish for a few days before sending them on! Of course, it would probably be ice fishing up that way by now. We have had a few frosts that looked like a light snow, but we have our usual brown where you guys have your white.

Take care

BB

Just put mine in the mail, BB. I didn't have time to tie any extras in this pattern, but I tossed in a couple of extra gifties for you. I hope they fish well!

We received 2 sets of flies in today's mail. Both FrequentTyer and Crackleback have submitted some excellent bluegill flies. You guys are going to really enjoy fishing with these. They are definitely going to snag some big bream! (That's what we call any and all of the non-bass sunfish in the South)

BB

We have received a set of flies from Ristarwen, and fellows, these are "LIGHTS OUT!" It's called a Charlie Boy Hopper and I REALLY like it. I am seriously going to have to learn to tie this one and SOON!

There are 2 sets still out, and both of them are in the mail, so they should be here soon. I have updated the original thread to reflect which sets I have already received. This is going to be another great month of flies for you guys. If you aren't already exciting about seeing these, you OUGHT to be. They are some kind of nice!

Take care

BB