Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Ohio Sucks..

I just turned on "A river runs through it" and one of the opening lines said "We lived at the juncture of great trout rivers in Missoula, Montana" and I realized if I wrote a story about myself it would have to start "We lived right in the middle of the worst fly fishing on earth at the juncture of the mud hole and raw sewege"

I gotta get out of this state!

One minute Smallie I gota check the back yard and see if the Deer have been hitting the bate pile. LOL

OSD.

ya gota take under consideration that was the 1920's. Cinci was probley nice back then (LOLOLOLOLOLO)OL)shit.gif

OSD

Dont feel to bad Will,i live in a state that has some beautiful trout/steelie rivers...au sable,pere marquette,manistee and a TON more that are just perfect but where do i live..........in the concrete jungle 10 miles north of detroit mad.gif i got'a drive 180 miles just to fish in my own state!

P.S you watchin "a river runs through it" again............i think you watch it as much as i do biggrin.gif

SD

Smallie,

NO MORE SNOW JOKES!!!!!!!!! I really don't want any and it hasn't really started here yet supposed to tonight though shit.gif shit.gif but that's what happens living in Vermont.

Besides, if you look at all the weather predictions everybody's gonna get it this year.

Fatman

Ohio is not trout country, but if you like smallies it's good. I'm within 5 to 15 minutes of the Scioto and Olentangy Rivers, Big Darby and Alum Creek and all are good for LM and Smallies. Some terrific panfinshing with a 3 wt too.

Yea your right about the smallies I do absoluetly love the smallies but I don't consider Ohio great Smallie water and end up driving to Indiana to do all my Smallie fishing. I have fished Ohio streams all my life and they are not bad, just not great in my book. Maybe you could show me some of your honey holes and I will change my mind wink.gif , I'm in the cincy area

SmallieHunter - If your ever heading up toward Columbus let me know. I know one day I would like to hit the Kokosing around Mount Vernon. Suppose to be the best smallie river in Ohio.