Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

A couple of foambling swimming pupas :-)

A couple of foambling swimming pupas :-)

Foamblingpupa cdc hackle version:

Hook: Knapek P #14

Body: Foam

Rib: Green Krystal Flash

Thorax: cdc dubbing mixed with some ice dubbing

Legs: Long cdc fibers

Head: Foam

I have colored the foam with a water repellent marker pen

Foamblingpupa Cree hackle version:

Hook: Knapek P #14

Body: Foam

Rib: Orange Krystal Flash

Thorax: cdc dubbing mixed with some ice dubbing

Legs: Cree hackle

Head: Foam

I have colored the foam with a water repellent marker pen

8428443668_e7018435f6_b.jpg

8428444430_6f2ebeb900_b.jpg

Terje

Exquisite! How effective are those beauties?smile.png

Thanks a lot :-) :-)

I think they are quite effective when you speed them up like a swimming caddis pupa :-) :-)

Terje

Always a joy to see your dry flies Terje. Do you find when you segment your extended bodies with flash to be more effective?

Always a joy to see your dry flies Terje. Do you find when you segment your extended bodies with flash to be more effective?

Thanks Cruz M :-) :-)

The use of the Krystal Flash in between the foam is just to make it blink a bit to attract the trouts attention...... at least i hope so :-)

I will probably just work early in the evening when the caddis pupas are swimming in high speed to the shore. After the darkness comes i don´t think

it will matter much :-) :-)

Terje

I don't know how I overlooked these amazing flies Mr. Potter. MAGIC WAND!!!!! You don't wear your pointy wizards hat when you fish do you Terje? I have never seen anyone in a wizards robe with chest waders on either...Most people know their limitations but I think your limit is somewhere out there with infinity. If you ever come to Virginia to fish could you bring your wand with you please. Maybe we will meet on a creek somewhere and you can wave it at me and make me a better tyer, and possiblly make me younger, better looking and wealthy also... Take Care, Tony

I don't know how I overlooked these amazing flies Mr. Potter. MAGIC WAND!!!!! You don't wear your pointy wizards hat when you fish do you Terje? I have never seen anyone in a wizards robe with chest waders on either...Most people know their limitations but I think your limit is somewhere out there with infinity. If you ever come to Virginia to fish could you bring your wand with you please. Maybe we will meet on a creek somewhere and you can wave it at me and make me a better tyer, and possiblly make me younger, better looking and wealthy also... Take Care, Tony

Thanks a million, Tony :-) :-)

I do wear my pointed wizards hat when i fish, it looks like this and have some fly tying materials on the hat as well..... he he he..... :-) :-)

8431944477_8a817eda3d_c.jpg

the sky is the limit :-) ....... no just kidding :-) , i have lots of limitations. One is that i only tie dry flies :-) :-)

If i were to go to Virginia sometimes i sure will bring my MAGIC WAND...... which is a Regal Medallion Vise by the way.... he he he.......

I`m sure you are more than good enough as a fly tier so i´m not sure if i can help you on that issue.

If i ever come to Virginia (which sounds more than interesting) dont look for the wizards hat but look for this guy wearing Simms gear more or less all over :-) :-) ..... does not look like

a wizard now do i :-) :-) :-)

7321155870_97912a2929_b.jpg

Take care Tony and thank again for your kind and cheerful comment :-):-)

Terje

Well Terje I'm not going to ask for any magic wand from you but if you ever come to Michigan bring me some of that cdc your vice and an apetite dinner is on me and a fishing buddy is here waiting them flies are awesome as is all of your flies

Well Terje I'm not going to ask for any magic wand from you but if you ever come to Michigan bring me some of that cdc your vice and an apetite dinner is on me and a fishing buddy is here waiting them flies are awesome as is all of your flies

Thanks, man :-) :-)

If i ever come to Michigan we have a deal :-) :-) :-)

Terje

like the fact Terje finds the picture of him landing a BIG fish too. How do we tempt you into a dry fly swap then Terje? Is it trout dry only or do you stretch to salt run trout dries and salmon dries?

like the fact Terje finds the picture of him landing a BIG fish too. How do we tempt you into a dry fly swap then Terje? Is it trout dry only or do you stretch to salt run trout dries and salmon dries?

:-) :-)

I don´t tie anything related to salt water fishing i´m afraid :-) :-) ..... so yes i´m only tying dry flies for brown trout :-)

I might be interested in a swap some day but not until september/october 2013. I´m currently tying lots of flies for some friends of mine and have no time to participate in a swap right now :-)

Terje

Terje, you are the wizard of the brown trout from the looks of that picture. There is nothing wrong at all with only tying dry flies. It gives the rest of us mortals a chance with our nymphs and streamers when a hatch isn't in full swing. Piker, I hope your memory is better than mine so that you can hold Terje to that swap next fall and I only hope that I'm not busy and miss it. I can try to match Pauls offer but work hasn't been to kind to me so all I can offer is a meal from Wendy's or Subway now, but if things don't improve it might just be a bologna sandwich washed down with some good cool mountain water. Take Care and thanks for the laughs, Tony