Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SILKHDH

The Flies I made with The tools I made.

Finally Im done. A table full of flies. A couple thousand or more. Count them if you want. Text me the count If you do. The boxes the deer hair poppers and the Big sunamies and Dalberg divers with the yellow foam, Thats right , I made the too. There are a few in this pick I did not tie. A couple of Umpqa deer hairs and a couple of Erico Puglisi's. Maybe some of the hard body poppers. But 99 percent are mine. Some as small as 28 or smaller, some as big as 3/0. I mainly fish fresh warm water, but I do get some trout fishing in too. Enjoy the picture. I just like staring at them. More so then tying them.

post-19822-0-62601300-1359847226_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-55690800-1359847254_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-96914800-1359847378_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-97037800-1359847399_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-76800600-1359847426_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-28769800-1359847455_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-14936900-1359847483_thumb.jpg

Some serious tying there! I agree with you, it's cool to look at them all displayed like that, lots of satisfaction in knowing you tied them, at least the majority!

Guys, I'll put it this way. I live in Kansas. Tornado Alley.. When I see the weather get bad, I gather up my fly bags and head down stairs. If they go, I go.. And to be honest,, I bet 80-90 percent of them have never touched the water. lol.. You know you allways use the o'le reliable ones. Some I tie to fish with,, some I tie to see if I can do it,, some I don't know why I tie..????? I'm a sick man...You don't even see any of the full dress atlantic salmon flies in that picture I've done. I never could figure out who was the first crazy man to tie one of those salmon flies. Not alone why he decided to put 30 different pieces of material on a hook, only to have a fish destroy it or even worse break it off.. They sure are cool to look at when your done. I just like holding them in my hands when its done. Silly isn't it..

Thanks again,,, I know everyone in here can appreciate the time involved.. We know they don't tie them selves.. I heard a quote once,,I don't know who said it,,, It went like this,,,,, "What is the best fly to use???" ,,,,,,,,,, "The easiest one to tie".....I can't agree more..I cringe at the thought of a bass breaking off and stealing a stacked deer hair popper or diver I spent forever constructing...And constructing is the word too,,LOL,,, I'll use my STP frogs and Gurglers instead.......LOL....Foam stuff for fishing,,, Deer hair for lookng at...Yea..I just said that....LOL

Thanks again,,, I know everyone in here can appreciate the time involved.. We know they don't tie them selves.. I heard a quote once,,I don't know who said it,,, It went like this,,,,, "What is the best fly to use???" ,,,,,,,,,, "The easiest one to tie".....I can't agree more..I cringe at the thought of a bass breaking off and stealing a stacked deer hair popper or diver I spent forever constructing...And constructing is the word too,,LOL,,, I'll use my STP frogs and Gurglers instead.......LOL....Foam stuff for fishing,,, Deer hair for lookng at...Yea..I just said that....LOL

SILKHDH, I sent you a personal message on the forum here.