Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tmds3

Second Fly Pattern Tied-Thoughts?

Well here is a pattern I learned today from the fly guy while picking up some supplies. Told him I was new at tying and he showed me the pattern. It is a Cypert Minnow pattern and he said would be great for sandbass. So what does everyone think ? Thoughts or critique?

post-43501-0-70953600-1360201380_thumb.jpg

Was a pretty easy tie as well,still need to work with the whip finish tool though because that is still killing me.

Heck, I'd eat that if I had a cracker to put it on and a little hot sauce!!smiley-eatdrink044.gif

Keep at it on the whip finisher and after a few dozen flies it will become second nature, guaranteed!!smiley-sport002.gif

Just stick with it!!!smiley-gen155.gif

That is actually one of the best minnow looking flys ive seen. Very nice. Are those eyes weighted?

Yeah they are little bead chain eyes, it is the cypert minnow pattern. Guy at Backwoods outdoor shop in Ft Worth showed my how to do it, found it on here as well when I went to tie mine up so that I didnt forget any steps. I just noticed in the pic it is upside down. You actually tie it hook up.