Fly Tying

It looks like we have the topwater and middle water pretty much covered so I'll go with a variation of the Cap Spider.

Jolly Red's flies arrived today. He says it's a simple fly, and it looks like it would be simple to tie, but it also looks like a fly that will drive the 'gills CRAZY! Great job, Jolly Red. We are all going to enjoy fishing this one, for sure.

ok, thanks for letting me in on this swap.

flies are in the mail. it's a simple little pattern and i don't know what it's call, but it does have rubber legs.

i will try to step things up for the next one.

craig

I've been out of town for a few days, and when I got home, I found that we have received 4 sets of flies. I have a set from Ratdz that is VERY nice. Glad to have you with us Ratdz, and your flies look REALLY good. Thanks. We also have a set from Riff who has tied up what looks like a variation on my favorite fly, the Predator. Very nicely done, Riff, as always. Thanks, buddy. Next, we have some really nice woven flies from Fshrman. Great job, Mark. Good, consistent work. Each one looks like the others, the sign of a very good tier. I'm sure the gills are going to like it, too. And, finally, we have 3 more months worth of flies from BassMouth. Great ties, all, Corey! The gills won't be able to resist ANY of these. And THANKS, guys, for the extras!

Take care

BB

We received another set of flies today from one of our new members; Gravytrain. Very nicely done! It's another pattern similar to the fly that is near and dear to my heart, the Predator. Foam, rubber legs, a chenille body, I think, and a little Krystal Flash thrown in for good measure. Very neatly tied. The gills and us gill fishermen are going to enjoy fishing this pattern, not to mention duplicating it so we will have more of them to use. And thanks, Gravy, for the extras!

Take care

BB

According to my record-keeping, we have 3 more sets to go, and I'm sure they will be along in the next few days. I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I'll be looking for them. It's going to be another great set this month, guys. Keep up the good work as we enter the warmer season. As for me, it's back to the garden this afternoon!

BB

Mine went out today....I hope they meet the grade

Regards,

Imx

Hey Guys, all the flies are here! Crackleback's arrived a couple of days ago, and BassBugn' & IMX's have arrived. They are all awesome sets. Crackleback tied a black bead head that the 'gills are going to love. BassBugn's pattern also has a black bead head and a black body, but it also has an abundance of rubber legs that the gills won't be able to resist. Can wait to fish it. And IMX tied a small woven-bodied fly that I REALLY like. IMX, what do you call this one?

The only problem is that I'm leaving to go out of town in a few minutes and won't be back until sometime Thursday afternoon/evening. I'll try to get them sorted and back in the mail this weekend. Either Friday or Saturday.

But the really noteworthy thing is that everyone got their flies in by the end of the month! This rarely happens and it's worthy of our notice. Good work, guys. EVERYONE WAS ON TIME!

Take care

BB

It is an emerging caddis....sort of a rendition of a mercer pattern that I saw yrs ago. I hope it catches fish

Hey Guys, I put all the flies in the mail last Friday. Many of you should begin to receive them the first part of this week. Let me know when they arrive.

Thanks

BB