Fly Tying
catmanclark

cork/foam poppers

Whipped out a few bass poppers. Top two are cork, and the rest are foam, layered and from block.. Hope you enjoy..

post-29296-0-01460300-1365882827_thumb.jpg

post-29296-0-94782100-1365882865_thumb.jpg

Those are looking good! I like the little bass one. What did you coat the foam with? Looks like a glossy coat of some kind, is it flexible?

Kirk

Very nice looking poppers. I used to turn cork, but the quality of the cork I had was poor and took a lot of filling. Now I just use the foam. I got the cutters and turners from Steve Winters several years ago and it is much easier to work than cork or balsa to me.

Very nice looking poppers. I used to turn cork, but the quality of the cork I had was poor and took a lot of filling. Now I just use the foam. I got the cutters and turners from Steve Winters several years ago and it is much easier to work than cork or balsa to me.

Just in case anybody's interested, Steve Winters can be found by Googling "Sleazy Steve" or the Soggy Bottom Fly Shop. His cutting and turning tools are great and he's a lot of fun to talk to.

Whipped out a few bass poppers. Top two are cork, and the rest are foam, layered and from block.. Hope you enjoy..

I'd fish those anyday....yep.

A friend of mine wanted some blockhead poppers and being cheap I wouldn't buy the pre-made heads. These were cut out of foam letters you buy for kids from the dollar store. Once put on the hook they are coated with Fabric Fusion to make them shiny, same for the foam crickets.

post-27835-0-07027100-1368220835_thumb.jpg

Same here,, He makes a great turner!