Fly Tying
Obi

How do you fish your RS2-pattern?

That's news to me that adult Baetis return to the water like that. I wonder now if there are other mayfly species that do that also.

Guys,

thanky for the replies and in particular for the great links you supplied.

Does anybody use RS2's with a clear white glass bead? What's your opinion on that glass-bead-version?

Cheers, Obi

I received one in a swap and it looks the buisness. I haven't fished it yet but it looks great.

Hairwing,

Wow, I never thought of using the RS-2 as a diving BWO. Suddenly the wing makes perfect sense.

Sometimes I tie a flashback PT with a long tag of flash sticking up like a wing. I saw a similar photo of a female BWO underwater. To me, the female looks like a pheasant tail nymph with a flashy vertical wing. The male in your photo looks more like an RS-2.

Since baetis mating flights and egg laying often overlap the emergence, it's great to cover both with one pattern.

I read somewhere that Rim Chung felt the dry fly style tails on the RS-2 were important to balance the fly. He felt that helped it drift like a natural.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hairwing,

Wow, I never thought of using the RS-2 as a diving BWO. Suddenly the wing makes perfect sense.

Sometimes I tie a flashback PT with a long tag of flash sticking up like a wing. I saw a similar photo of a female BWO underwater. To me, the female looks like a pheasant tail nymph with a flashy vertical wing. The male in your photo looks more like an RS-2.

Since baetis mating flights and egg laying often overlap the emergence, it's great to cover both with one pattern.

I read somewhere that Rim Chung felt the dry fly style tails on the RS-2 were important to balance the fly. He felt that helped it drift like a natural.

Thanks,

Bruce

"Wow, I never thought of using the RS-2 as a diving BWO. "........

Neither did Rim.

Hairwing,

Thanks,

Bruce

"Wow, I never thought of using the RS-2 as a diving BWO. "........

Neither did Rim.

Wow.