Fly Tying
flytire

nail less nail knot

I have been using this method for a few years. It has gotten very easy for me to tie.

I have a new line to attach to my reel. I will give the new technique a whirl.

I use a tiny tool i keep on my lanyard, nail knot in 20 seconds with ease on the water, has proved to be handy in some situations then my buddies keep coming to me and asking me to whip on new butt sections or make new loops etc. the only one i need to sit down and do is the needle knot. But seriously the tool is indispensable.

http://www.wapsifly.com/accnkt.html

I too use the anglers image tool

The one who holds the nail knot tool gets +5 charisma

'The term charisma (/kəˈrɪzmə/; pl. charismata, adj. charismatic) has two senses: (1) compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others, (2) a divinely conferred power or talent.'

And that power is the instant nail knot!

Interesting technique, prewinding then unwinding to make the wraps. Looks like a winner.

I use a Tie-Fast tool.

I have been using this method for a few years. It has gotten very easy for me to tie.

I have a new line to attach to my reel. I will give the new technique a whirl.

I just tried both of them. The dexterity in my hands said NO to the first one LOL

The second video worked easily for me. Then I tried it with a needle into the end of the Fly Line. I used a Sewing Needle and ran the leader through the eye then pulled the Fly Line over the end of the Needle and continued until the leaders tag end got through as well. I pulled the needle off the leader and tied the knot. It took me a couple tries to keep the leader end of the knot from slipping off the Fly Line but I finally got it! Man does that ever make a smooth transition!!!

Old Dog learneth New Tricketh biggrin.png

Thanks for this thread guys!!!