Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cussfly16

Ultra Suede???

So I have heard that Hareline is dropping Ultra Suede. Anyone know anything about this? I need the patches but I can't find them locally anymore . If someone knows a good substitute I would like to hear about it. Thanks fellas...

When I lived in Indiana I bought mine at JoAnnes. But this material is probably available at most stores that sell dressmaking or upholstering supplies.

Inquire at fabric shops,as most sell Ultrasuede.

If you're lucky (and ask very, very nicely), they may hook you up with someone who makes clothing with Ultrasuede and that person mayy be willing to make ya' a deal on a bag of scraps... (Like a good materials hoarder, I have several bags from the days when my mother and her friends sewed.)

Good luck.

Bowfin47

Life member Federation of Fly fishers

Thanks fellas, I have been looking at all my local fabric stores and no luck. Of course I Googled it and you can buy anything off of the Internet, but I like to see stuff before I buy it, especially a whole yard of it.. Just wondering if anyone knew what the story was with Hareline or if someone had a different material, but thanks anyway