Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Troutbum11

Beautiful Brookies

My girlfriend (A new Fly fisher of this year) went fishing for some brook trout in a small tributary creek here in Md. We have and awesome day! She caught some very respectable fish and out fished me in terms of quality fish for sure! First year she every fly fished and she's already out fishing me...and on flies she tied!

Both fish pictured are hers....

Gotta love it!

post-50481-0-88067200-1381188370_thumb.jpg

post-50481-0-65041900-1381188962_thumb.jpg

Those are beauties, congrats to her. Women make great fly fishermen, they don't try to manhandle the rod and seem to catch on very quickly

Those are beauties, congrats to her. Women make great fly fishermen, they don't try to manhandle the rod and seem to catch on very quickly

- yeah they do. She's the first girl I've taught and she has definitely surprised me.

You'd be hard pressed to find a prettier fish than a male brookie in fall spawning colors. Beauties.

Another reason women catch on so quick to fly casting is the lack of ego. We men have issues taking instruction from anyone else, where as most women actually will pay attention and listen. They seem to catch on very quickly.

Tell her congrats, nice catch.

Very nice catch. And against some people's C&R beliefs, a couple of brookies in the pan fried with a little salt, pepper and butter with an egg in the morning is a great breakfast. When I lived right next to the Baptism River in MN that was my breakfast a couple of times a week.

You are lucky to have a fishing partner who you can enjoy your time with even more now.

That's awesome. Flyfishing is the only type of fishing I would every do with a girl... but none of them I've taken will take any interest in it. More fish for me I guess!

Sounds like someone better step it up!biggrin.png Tell her congrats from us. That's awesome for her sounds like a nice day. I guess when you tell her you want to go fishing all you'll have to worry about is her beating you to the next good run.