Fly Tying
Bryon Anderson

Classic Bass Lure Swap

I just sent PMs to everyone participating except Rich MC - Rich, when I try to send you a PM I get a message stating that you can't receive any new messages; I'm sn The PM was just a reminder that we are 17 days out from the deadline (Feb. 1), and asking everyone to check in with me to let me know if we're on schedule to meet the deadline or not. Looking forward to seeing these flies! :)

Okay, I have now heard back from everyone and it looks like we are on-track for all the flies to be in on or before the Feb. 1 deadline. I will post updates as flies come in - I will also update the list at the top of this thread to indicate whose flies I've received.

I am changing my pattern from the Hula Popper to a fly version of the spinnerbait. I decided that, since a fly rod version of the Hula Popper already exists (manufactured by Arbogast, the same people who make the regular Hula Popper, I wasn't really taking much of a leap with that fly. I found a few patterns for fly rod spinnerbaits in a book that I have, but they all actually utilize wire armatures, swivels and spinner blades. I have come up with a version that is based on the same idea, but doesn't borrow from the hardware world.

I finally gave up on the rat-l-trap...

I'm trying a deer hair "Torpedo". Sorry, but they aren't all the same color pattern. They should be in the mail Monday if I can get to he post office before they close.

I finally gave up on the rat-l-trap... I'm trying a deer hair "Torpedo". Sorry, but they aren't all the same color pattern. They should be in the mail Monday if I can get to he post office before they close.

No worries on color -- too bad about the Rat-L-Trap, it looked like you were making good progress, but I know that lure would be very challenging to replicate in fly form. I will watch for your Torpedos in the mail - thanks for the heads-up.

STATUS UPDATE: Rifflesteelheadslayer's flies seem to have been mishandled/misplaced by the USPS. Riff has very generously offered to tie up 5 more of his pattern and mail them by this Friday. I will post another update once I have the flies assembled and ready to mail out.

STATUS UPDATE #2: Unfortunately still missing that last set of flies. I am attempting to contact the last tier and figure out what's up. In the meantime, I'm not going to make you guys wait any longer as we're now two weeks past the deadline. I will be photographing the flies and posting them on the forum over this weekend, and flies will go out via USPS on Monday. I decided to throw in my 5 Hula Poppers as well as my spinnerbaits, so everyone will still get 5 flies back. If the missing set comes in after that, I will mail one to each of you separately. Thanks so much to everyone who participated - this was a fun swap!

YEAH! All flies are now in! Very nice set of fly rod Jitterbugs from Rifflesteelheadslayer arrived to day - thank you! Okay, photo session tomorrow and out they go Monday morning! Thanks again to everyone for some excellent work and some really cool flies. This was fun.

Bryon