Fly Tying
Flyunder

Bluequill anglers tungsten beads

Has any one tried some of these from them? For $9.99 you get a 50 count of them. That's a really good price almost to good. I'm curious of the quality of them as far as weight/size consistency goes. It's a shame when you find a great price on something you have to wonder why it's so good. Thanks.

Never tried them but I could recommend Allen Fly fishing Tungsten beads. $3.75 for 25. Slotted is like $4.50 for 25 and brass is like $2.50 for 25. I recently ordered a bunch when they were on sale. I haven't found anything wrong with any of them. They don't have colored tungsten though just gold, brass, and black nickel. They have some colors in the brass beads. I especially like the black nickel.

the link below has tungsten for 11.99 for 100 beads. brass beads are 8.99 for 200 beads. that would be my choice

http://www.riplipsfishing.com/index.php

i think beads are beads. they all come out of some factory in china or korea.

they are all round and either have a counterbored or countersunk hole. some now come with a slot

wholesale fly tying houses buy them by the gazillion and distribute them to retailers

the link below has tungsten for 11.99 for 100 beads. brass beads are 8.99 for 200 beads. that would be my choice

they are all round and either have a counterbored or countersunk hole. some now come with a slot

wholesale fly tying houses buy them by the gazillion and distribute them to retailers

Maybe it's because I'm not registered there, but I don't see any sizes for any of those beads. When you click on the item, a box pops up with 2, 4, or 7 and a price. It's very vague. Do you have to register in order to see anything extra?

Regards,

Mark

Not sure why you didn't see the size & quantity box, but it's there. I clicked on tungsten bead, all the dif. beads come up clicked on certain bead maybe that's where the amount & quantity boxes are.

Maybe it's because I'm not registered there, but I don't see any sizes for any of those beads. When you click on the item, a box pops up with 2, 4, or 7 and a price. It's very vague. Do you have to register in order to see anything extra?

Regards,

Mark

Make sure you pick "online store" to go shopping. I did the same thing.

For panfish I like brass beads better. Tungeston beads seem to make the flies drop to fast.

Most of the time I fish unweighted flies for crappie and bluegills.

That is just my opnion.

Rick

The flies I'm tying with the tungsten I'm using for the faster deeper runs. Need em to get down get down, I also wrap a little lead tape on some to really rocket them down. For pan fish you're right unless they're holding deep in still water.