Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap - Due Date Feb 15

If you'll send me the address should be finished this weekend and ill send em out monday. HopefuLly ill be able to find my camera in my mess of a house( unpacking from move) and get some pics up

hey guys,,after having it pointed out and going back and RE-reading the swap parameters,,,ill tye something up with rubber legs in them,,,i wasn't paying attention,,{old Age}but never fear,,,,,they will be cool........B

I received flies today from Derek but no toe tags. I'm not sure if these are for this swap or the Swap Club flies that were due on Dec 31. Whoever sent the flies from Alabama needs to get in tough with me.

Thanks

BB

post-4914-0-04801600-1390279859_thumb.jpegevening all,,got the rubber leggy set done,,,this is my variation of an old patterm called a "Hum Bug",,,easy/simple fly,,,deadly as I toss,,,i use jig hooks,,makes them almost weedless,,they sink like a rock,,,just add water

Flies are in the mail as of ten minutes ago. Didn't remember to take a pic so might try to get one up tonight

We are off to a great start with our Bluegill Fly Swap. The first set to arrive, from Sniperfreak, arrived today and they are SWEET! You guys are going to love these, but the 'gills are going to love them even more. I can't wait to put this one in the water.

Thanks, Sniperfreak!

Take care

BB

We are off to a great start with our Bluegill Fly Swap. The first set to arrive, from Sniperfreak, arrived today and they are SWEET! You guys are going to love these, but the 'gills are going to love them even more. I can't wait to put this one in the water.

Thanks, Sniperfreak!

Take care

BB

why thank you sir...they're a really simple fly to tie that still has a ton of movement, they're dynamite on bluegills, crappie and bass up here, heck, I even landed a carp on one last year. Hope they work out as well for you guys as they do for me.

post-26372-0-84310500-1390638466_thumb.jpg

Bluegill Hare's Ear

Hook: TMC 2302 or equivalent, size 8-14(the ones for the swap were tied on size 10 JS720's)

Head: brass or tungsten bead (swap flies used 1/8" copper colored brass beads)

Weight: .015 lead free wire

Thread: 8/0 UNI thread, color to match body

Tail: tuft of rabbit cut from zonker strip and fine rubber legs (olive and brown for swap flies)

Rib: Fine copper wire

Abdomen: Hareline Dubbin (caddis green for swap flies)

Wingcase: Turkey tail or swiss straw (swap flies were turkey tail)

Legs: fine rubber legs (brown on swap flies)

Thorax: Hare E Wiggle Dub in a dubbing loop (olive on swap flies)

We have received a VERY nice set of cap spiders from GLoy. To me, this fly looks like a cross between a Humbug and a Bully's Bluegill Spider. Both of those are very effective Bluegill patterns and so is the Cap Spider. Thanks, GLoy, for the great ties and also for the extras. Always VERY much appreciated.

Take care

BB

We received a very nice set of Buggers from Joman today. He said they would be either "white or bright." Well, guys, he opted for bright. You are going to like these! (Joman, check your PM box.)

Take care

BB

We received an absolutely AWESOME delivery from Floyd today! You guys are going to be getting a lot more than you bargained for, let me tell you! But I'm going to be REAL mean and not tell you what you're getting except to say that you and the 'gills both are going to love this "glove bug!" Now, have I piqued your interest? Good! But you will just have to wait!

Thanks, Floyd, for ALL the extras! Fantastic.

Take care

BB

Big day, today! We received 2 sets of flies. One set from Vicrider is a Bully's Bluegill Spider, and these are REALLY nice. I'm looking forward to trying these. They aren't quite as "fat" as others I've seen and I think I like them better. The other set is from Batman and they are the "Humbug Variation" just like the ones in the picture he posted. In fact they may be the exact same ones in the picture. Anyway, they sure do look nice up & personal, and I'm looking forward to trying them also. Thanks guys!

Take care

BB