Fly Tying

I use CR123 2000mAh Li Ion rechargeable battery kit. 4 batteries and a smart charger for a one time $30.

How much is your time worth? How much would you pay to save several minutes off of each fly? What is it worth to not have to put your flies in a light box or out in the sun?

If saving money is your goal, buy Solarez, put it in the freesunlight and be done with it. OR you can do what Flytire did:

yes i'm using the ccg light and the bug bond light and the diamond hard light and the uv light from true value hardware store but they all cure silvercreeks brand of uv resin tack free. at least for ME!

all lights were purchased as the recommended light for each brand of uv resin except i did not buy silvercreeks recommended light. i had 4 others one of the had to cure his resin. each light cured its brand of resin, just not tack free

get silvercreeks brand and youll be happier than a pig eating sh......

i threw the other brands away

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=77271

Or what Stonefish, Lando, and Russ did:

I used Silvercreek's product a lot on my beach flies last summer. Regardless of how careful you are while casting you are going to ding your flies on the beach during your backcast. It held up much better and was more durable then the epoxy I've used in the past.

SF

I just received my order of Silvercreek's resin last week. After tying with it over the weekend, I have to say that it is the best resin/epoxy I've used and I have Solarez, Loon and Clear Cure.

Kudos to Silvercreek! Just got my bottle of UV Crystal Coat and it is "as advertised". It dries completely tack free and hard in seconds. No need to hit your fly with nail polish as the finish is crystal clear (no pun intended). it also beats what you will pay for CCG, Loon, et al.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/best-non-tacky-resin.92990/page-2