Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Troutbum11

Cabelas TLr Fly Rod

Any one have experience with these rods? looking at the 9' 8wt fro warm water fishing and to throw rather large flies. Any info would be great. I've read the reviews but there is not much info online about this rod especially in this weight.

Thanks!

No idea about the 8wt but I have the 4wt and absolutely love it! I saw the 8 is on sale at cabelas and was thinking of getting it. Can't beat the price.

Good to know. There seems to be a lot of reviews about the smaller weight rods and the larger spey rod weights but nothing on the in between sizes such as an eight weight. Hope this isn't a bad thing. thanks for the reply!

I also have the 4 weight and really like it. I bought it at one of their stores in the bargain cave. It was in brand new condition but the top one inch was broken off. I think I paid only around $40 for it. I put a new tip on where it broke off and it casts great.

Dave

I was wondering about this. Our Cabelas store has a PILE...literally a PILE of these in the bargain cave. Probably 15-20 of em...all broken. Makes me wonder if there is a quality issue with them or if they would be a good pick for a cheap backup rod

I was wondering about this. Our Cabelas store has a PILE...literally a PILE of these in the bargain cave. Probably 15-20 of em...all broken. Makes me wonder if there is a quality issue with them or if they would be a good pick for a cheap backup rod

Most, I think, get broken in shipping, or when "customer" improperly checks the rod action by whipping it into something.