Fly Tying
barrytheguide

What does a true Cree hackle look like?

Trying not to sound like a grammer police but... It would be Adams because that is the person's surname it was named after an, if my memory is correct, Adams wasn't even a fly tier. If describing Adams in a possessive form it would be Adams' not Adam's. Such as... The Adams' hackle is grizzly and brown. English has always been a weak subject for me though. But I think that is correct.

Trying not to sound like a grammer police but... It would be Adams because that is the person's surname it was named after an, if my memory is correct, Adams wasn't even a fly tier. If describing Adams in a possessive form it would be Adams' not Adam's. Such as... The Adams' hackle is grizzly and brown. English has always been a weak subject for me though. But I think that is correct.

Ed, my comment was not aimed at you, but another who seems to troll my posts.

I agree about the true Adams hackle being Ginger and Grizzly. But my novel approach of using one of my Cree cape feathers that stats out ginger and ends up Cree is quite interesting.

As I tried to write before, I'm in the process of yet another Adams variation, a Klinkhammer Adams. I'll try to get a decent picture sometime

Bazzer

barrytheguide... I know you didn't aim at me. Adam's Klink? Sounds unique. Hope you show the results. I have some Partridge Klinkhammer hooks that make nice shaped Klinks. Haven't tied one in maybe 5 to 7 years. Nice fly though.

Nice Avatar FlyTire, I'll try for a picture of my Klinkhammer Adams later. Can't use my iPhone because it's no good for close ups so I'll try to rummage up a decent camera.

I have seen Conrad's Cree at a show in Charlotte, NC, or maybe it was in PA. I don't remember. But I did like them and his prices were right on all his quality feathers. Actually... That trip inspired me to cross breed for cree. I didn't get to the third generation though. Wish I had.

Must have been aimed at me. But now you are (or you're) doing it correctly, so apparently it matters! Nice flies everyone!

I am (or I'm) just in a bad mood most of the time, unless I am fishing.

Guess the Adams Klink isn't so unique. I've just never tied them.

Jsz... It is offensive for most to be corrected or criticized. It is also offensive to attack one's politics or religion, such as your signature does to a degree. I am an agnostic (not atheist) and have wondered the same as you. Such as when an elderly man and wife were shot and killed in their home and their 9 year old granddaughter kidnapped, raped, and strangled to death. She was found naked in a river several miles away by a dog. I have been told many times that I am not to decide God's will or Satan is more powerful sometimes. I don't believe any of it but if others do it is fine with me. I could be wrong. People have different mindsets and some are simply more evil than others. I am cursed with a factual scientific mind, and it may send me to hell while Charles Manson goes to heaven because he became a Christian in prison. So be it.

I never attack anyone on a forum, but will counterattack if attacked. I shouldn't do that. I've given critical reviews on items to possibly keep someone from making a financial mistake. That has also caused problems and I have enemies as a result.

I try to leave a forum if in a bad mood and come back when not upset. I suggest others do the same and we will be like a happy TV family. ;-)

JS's signature is a line from Gordon Lightfoot's "Edmund Fitzgerald". Just a little trivia...

Jsz... It is offensive for most to be corrected or criticized.

Being corrected should not offend, it should educate. Too many people equate a blow to their ego as an offense ... but it is a case of, "Sometimes, the truth hurts."

I am so tired of people making excuses for stupidity. Bleeding heart attitudes will destroy this Country, and others ... if it isn't already too late.

Unlike some, I am rarely in a bad mood. I just generally dislike lazy or ignorant people and the excuses that blame anyone else for their "condition".

I like your first paragraph that the "truth sometimes hurts" but the second is completely off topic and flaming.

You shouldn't get political and claim bleeding hearts are going to destroy this country. That is worse than ridiculous. Your flaming statement hit a nerve and I responded immediately. If I wanted political opinions I wouldn't be here. Don't show me yours and I won't show you mine.

I immediately left home for 2 to 3 hours after I made this post and realized I fell into the flame. I just returned to delete it, but too late, people had responded. I was upset and posted too quickly, something I try to avoid. But, I was able to edit the post to be less offensive. Bad moods and anger can cause a person to make poor judgment calls. We both did. Sorry.

Go play politics on a different forum. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fly tying content of this thread

all this from one apostrophe! What I find incredibly interesting is how one misused tiny little apostrophe resulted in heated discussion about good versus evil.

Words matter.