Fly Tying
barrytheguide

What does a true Cree hackle look like?

Sorry ... I didn't mean to offend.

In my world, "bleeding heart" doesn't mean "Liberal". I wasn't being political.

all this from one apostrophe! What I find incredibly interesting is how one misused tiny little apostrophe resulted in heated discussion about good versus evil.

Words matter.

A good reason to leave peoples' grammar and punctuation alone on forums. Yes some people have rough grammar and punctuation. Yet discussions of Cree hackle color are likely not the best places for to engage in pedagogy on the subject. Talk about off topic.

I was able to edit my response and apologize. I did learn a new word in all of this though. "Pedagogy". I'm somewhat educated, even taught graduate level university classes after retirement, but never heard that term before. And it is what I was doing. Cool.

Of note, the ancient Greek roots of the word pedagogy mean 'leading a child'. Might be better if we treated one another as adults and didn't try to correct grammar, punctuation, or politics. These subjects almost always create far more heat than light on forums. Can we get back to Cree hackle?

Of note, the ancient Greek roots of the word pedagogy mean 'leading a child'. Might be better if we treated one another as adults and didn't try to correct grammar, punctuation, or politics. These subjects almost always create far more heat than light on forums. Can we get back to Cree hackle?

Please, let's get this back on topic or please mods delete the thread altogether

Back to the topic, Here are some that I have. First one's a Metz #2, second a Whiting #1 when the top of the card was still labeled Hoffmans and you could find them in just about any fly tying shop before forums like this changed that, and a #2 Metz saddle. The gloss is really good on that one so some of the feathers look strange.

92b0d03c-ab05-48ac-a5fd-193a428445cc_zps

1867df6e-0240-4ef3-b139-5cd450a43491_zps

5d6930eb-e75f-4cac-925f-090ab175f165_zps

Thanks for posting the pictures. I've thought about purchasing some. Necessary, no, but seem fun to play around with.

Back to the topic, Here are some that I have. First one's a Metz #2, second a Whiting #1 when the top of the card was still labeled Hoffmans and you could find them in just about any fly tying shop before forums like this changed that, and a #2 Metz saddle. The gloss is really good on that one so some of the feathers look strange.

92b0d03c-ab05-48ac-a5fd-193a428445cc_zps

1867df6e-0240-4ef3-b139-5cd450a43491_zps

Looking at your two, they look identical to my Metz #2 and my Whiting Cree ( this cape arrived in a unmarked plastic bag from Feather Emporium)

5d6930eb-e75f-4cac-925f-090ab175f165_zps

Not sure how they are grading them but the third, Metz #2 saddle seems to have the best contrast. Most all my fly tying materials are unnecessary but is nice to have. Tying is only a part of what I enjoy. Next week I'm getting rid of a lot of overflow on EBay.