Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
newbie@this

Try this again...

Find the "Macro" setting on your camera. The Icon looks like a Tulip. With the macro setting on, you will be able to get up close and still focus your shots. Without, you have to be so far back to focus, that no one will be able to see you flies. These days almost any camera will have a macro setting. Cell phones not so much.

Or quit tying hazy flies......

Sorry, I had to....unsure.png biggrin.png

BTW, even out of focus, I like the middle one. Bream and flies with legs go together like cornmeal and hot grease!

Kirk

Edited by crazy4oldcars

Thank you all for the comments. The camera is an HP Photosmart 435. It has no macro and is supposed to be auto focus. We do have a newer camera. I just have to find it!

Crazy, I'm an optician, and I'm wearing a new pair of glasses and the lenses are clean. Damn, it must be the cataracts! BTW, loved your comment, as well as everyone else's. I promise to submit better pictures in the near future.

I shot the photos of my flies with my phone which has no macro setting. I then go and crop the photo to get a close up of the fly. Much easier and faster than dragging out the DSLR. I do this right on the phone.