Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Armstrong

Hello from Pgh, PA!

Thanks for having me first off and I'm looking forward to learning more and improving my tying. I've been tying for 15 years and got into fly fishing and tying at age 40 thanks to some time off when I was recovering from some surgery. I was fortunate to have had some excellent instruction and mentoring when I got started and I tie anything from trout flies to saltwater streamers and everything in between. My true passion in tying is streamers and bass bugs and currently enjoying the classic featherwing patterns. I'm active in a fly tying guild that I help start 3 years ago and we are ready to start our annual beginners class which lasts 6 weeks and is always a fun time. I hope to continue learning and building my skill sets here and look forward to contributing what I can.

Welcome from a former Pittsburgher. Well actually Uniontown, but who's counting. WTF happened with Dick Lebeau? Lets see some of your flies.

Welcome to the site. It's great getting new tiers that are full of questions. Even better is getting some talent that can help answer those questions.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing stories and pictures of your flies and exploits.

For anyone interested, our tying guild meets on the the third Thursday of each month at the McDonald Sportsmans Association club house. We welcome anyone interested and there is no cost. Google the club for directions. Our beginner tying class begins on February 19th at 7pm and again, see our web site for more info and registration.

Sorry, go directly to mcdonaldslortsman.com and click on the fly tying class article. Info on the class is there. The guild meets every third Thursday as stated previous, we tie new patterns every month and do some other fly fishing related trips, etc.