Fly Tying
JayWirth

Loosing Studs from My Wading Boots

My Chota boot have rubber inserts that hold the studs firmly. I keep my old pair with studs for my fall salmon and steelhead trips and the newer pair without studs for trout fishing. The streams I normally fish are not that big and I believe that studded boots are much noisier than plain felt.

Steve

post-3361-0-26766500-1431455106_thumb.jpg

These are studs. Bought them to salmon fish and steelhead fish the Salmon River in Pulaski, NY years ago. Duct tape made them a custom fit. They are older than many of the members here. I would wear them night fishing a strange place too. Even granite succumbed to their harden steel points.

post-3361-0-41089400-1431454810_thumb.jpg

In summer I wear those sandals without wading shoes and a stained torn NSCAR shirt Artimus to Walmart. Sad thing I'm not the worst dressed................................

all kidding aside; those are a killer set of cleats.

In summer I wear those sandals without wading shoes and a stained torn NSCAR shirt Artimus to Walmart. Sad thing I'm not the worst dressed................................

hey, it is guys like us that help keep this sport real, lol.