Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
michaelray

Hopper Dropper Swapper

After waiting on usps I finally got the flies back from the swap, they look great everybody!! Thanks again Mike for letting me be apart of it and can't wait to do some more swaps

No worries dude, thanks for being a part of it!

Vicrider and Add147, you guys are lucky! I haven't fished the White or Little Red since I moved away from Arkansas a couple years ago... Have fun fellas!

Just to let you guys know I landed a 26" brown on one of the hoppers from this swap... if I knew who's tie it was I'd send them off a gift.clapping.gif

Where's a picture of the fish?! Preferably with the fly in mouth! I'm glad you caught such a great fish with a fly from this swap, whoever's it was.

Great catch Pica. Since I had a high floating dry fly I know it wasn't mine but someone sure is happy his fly produced one like that.

Nope no picture, just had a minute after work, it was blowing close to 30mph and was close to 90f and the big fish were attacking hoppers. The fly is now hanging proudly in an alder above the stream about 15ft up, did I mention it was windy? . It was the tan/uv Chernobyl style hopper with the big white wing. No idea who tied it wish I'd kept track anyway thanks again for the great swap guys.

Cheers.

Michael

That's it. Let me know your address Branden I'll send you a bonus fly gift. There was a second similar fly that I broke off on another monster. My biggest fish in 10 years. I noticed today that the butt section of my south bend 290 has a delamination in it from landing the thing. The fish was under a big undercut bank in a 6ft deep gin clear slough/ spring creek run that I refer to as the impossible creek. I have caught two fish there in the 7 times I fished it this year. But every time I go I see big fish rising this was just a perfect day.