Pair of 7pc pack rods

q05Wfo.jpg
Da5N4o.jpg
ce0mZV.jpg
NT8YIO.jpg
jhjqbd.jpg
XQYYSH.jpg
nP0cMe.jpg

Lots of work in these Father & Son pack rods over the past few days. Both are 8ft 4wt 7pc IM8 graphite so very light and pack-able for hiking/fly fishing. Both have black main wraps but one has silver and medium green trim where as the other has gold and dark green trim. Other than that they are a matched pair.

Nice work Steve! These 7pc blanks from Brian are awesome! I actually talked him into getting these rolled up last summer! They are perfect little backpacking rods, I'm sure your customers will be very happy with them.

They are much nicer than the older im6 ones I use to build the pack rods on. These are super light and responsive. I am thinking of building myself one as a carry on for a Colorado trip I am gonna try to make next year with a buddy.

They are much nicer than the older im6 ones I use to build the pack rods on. These are super light and responsive. I am thinking of building myself one as a carry on for a Colorado trip I am gonna try to make next year with a buddy.

Yeah, I've built a few of those IM6 7 pieces as well. I've done the camo 8' 3 weight, and the 9' 5 weight. I agree, these ones from Brian are much lighter/faster! I think I've built somewhere around 20 of the IM8 ones this summer alone. I live near the Pacific Crest Trail, so pack rods are in really high demand. I had a bunch of 16" brushed aluminum rod tubes made up for these too.

I had to look as soon as I got home. It was worth the wait. Beautiful rods, Steve. I like the different color wraps.