Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
djd3mon

Third attempt at a full dress salmon fly

Funny Mike! we must always tie our flies with correct prepositions. I like to tie mine with adverbs.

"...like others have mentioned the prepositions aren't right ...."

I am no grammar expert, but I think his use of prepositions is correct.

Bwhahaha! Sorry Mike W., I know you did not mean it that way, but that is funny!

NIce catch Mikechell!

Trout bum - thanks for the teaching and the links.

flytyre - I was winging it, I kind of made it how I though it was made. I made a few mistakes that I caught as I was tying it but Im going to tie from youtube until I get the hang of it before venturing out on my own.

1hook - yeah I wanted to see what the forum though, I knew i would get critized in a good way. Now I have more resources and ideas to make the next one better.

RCFetter- already signed up. thanks.

Mikechell - thank you!

Rexw - thanks for the advice. It took me a good few weeks before I decided to give it a show. It looked easy to tie until I actually tried.

Mike West. yes I know. I appreciate your honesty!

Thank you everybody for your replies. I am still very new to this. This is a best as I can do at the moment. I am still practicing and hopefully will be able to post a "nicer" on in the future. I do not have all of the materials so I just kinda use what I have. If/When I get the hang of this I will spend the extra cash and buy the correct feathers and hooks.

It really becomes a passion within a passion. True classic flies need quality material. That really makes a huge difference to your tying experience. Problem is the good stuff costs a lot and involves wading through a lot of sub quality stuff. So Golden pheasant heads for example, you'll end up with a dozen heads and maybe only find 6 flies or less crests on all of them.

Its a lovely feeling when you tie a good one but you need deep pockets.