Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rstaight

Hello from Indiana

Hey all,

Been tying for 12-15 years, would really have to set down and think about it. Come across this site a number of times and decided to get on the forums the other day. Hope to gain some knowledge and who knows, I may have something to share.

Mike,

Originally from Western Ohio in Preble county. Moved to Richmond IN when I met my wife 1980. Then in 1997 took a job in Remington IN and moved to Lafayette. Fish Wildcat creek and the Tippecanoe river when ever I can. Have always wanted to fish the Eel river in Logansport but have not had the opportunity.

If you want some HUGE carp fishing ... do the Wabash in Logansport. If it's been a rainless week, the water will be fairly clear and you'll be wading and sight fishing, like a Bone Fish fishing.

Some of my club members have been thinking about a fly for silver carp. They stack up like cord wood below the damn at Lake Freeman.

There is a local guide now that does carp trips. Some of the guys that go on bone fish trips take a couple of weeks carp fishing to brush up.

I'm confused... in another thread, I thought you said you were from Florida. Am I wrong? What can I believe?

oh... welcome! :-)

FlaFly,

No, not from Florida, live in Lafayette Indiana. Get to fish on the Gulf Coast of Florida at least once a year.

Prybis,

We have met, I was President of Tippecanoe Flyfishers for part of 2008 through December 2009.

FlaFly,

No, not from Florida, live in Lafayette Indiana. Get to fish on the Gulf Coast of Florida at least once a year.

Prybis,

We have met, I was President of Tippecanoe Flyfishers for part of 2008 through December 2009.

I recognized the screen name from one of the boards. Just could not place where or a name.

Mike,

Originally from Western Ohio in Preble county. Moved to Richmond IN when I met my wife 1980. Then in 1997 took a job in Remington IN and moved to Lafayette. Fish Wildcat creek and the Tippecanoe river when ever I can. Have always wanted to fish the Eel river in Logansport but have not had the opportunity.

Welcome to the forum, rstaight.

Lafayette, IN is my hometown. My parents came from Remington, IN. What industry is in Remington, now? There wasn't much there when I was visiting as a kid; a very small farming community.

As I recall, the Tippecanoe river is a great smallmouth river. I also remember the Wildcat creek.

steve, aka spm

Steve,

I worked at Omni Forge as a CNC programming engineer and die shop supervisor until I was "downsized" in December of 08. Depending on how old you are you may remember it as Remington Forge or refer to the plant as "the rope factory".

There is not a lot in Remington, a wire spool factory and I think Monsanto. Can't remember the other, haven't been through there since 09.

Wildcat Creek and the Tippecanoe River are excellent for smallmouth. As well as Sugar Creek going through Crawfordsville.

We had a gentleman speak at a club meeting from the Nature Conservancy and he stated that the Tippecanoe was the 7th most diverse river in the Eastern U.S.

Steve,

I worked at Omni Forge as a CNC programming engineer and die shop supervisor until I was "downsized" in December of 08. Depending on how old you are you may remember it as Remington Forge or refer to the plant as "the rope factory".

There is not a lot in Remington, a wire spool factory and I think Monsanto. Can't remember the other, haven't been through there since 09.

Wildcat Creek and the Tippecanoe River are excellent for smallmouth. As well as Sugar Creek going through Crawfordsville.

We had a gentleman speak at a club meeting from the Nature Conservancy and he stated that the Tippecanoe was the 7th most diverse river in the Eastern U.S.

The only factory in Remington, other than the grain elevator, that I remember was a marble plant SE of town. And that was when I was a kid, so don't know what it is now.

I remember floating the Tippecanoe with my father, and he used to float it with my uncle when they were young men. I think the last time I was on it was probably about ten years ago. I was supposed to float Sugar Creek in C'ville with my cousin but got rained out.

steve