Fly Tying
flytire

too much stuff

Wife has never asked me how much or how many, when it comes to my fishing. About a month ago, I asked her why (Although I already knew the answer). She is a wizard with money. I don't even know how she managed to pay off our house in 13 years (30 year mortgage to start with), but we're debt free. We don't have a lot of money saved, but we are saving, and that's really good.

So, anyway, I asked her why she never asked about my fishing equipment. She just started listing the "other" things I could be doing instead.

Going to a bar and paying 5 to 8 bucks a pop for pre-urine.

Playing golf for a minimum of $40 bucks a day for greens fees plus all the other trappings of the game.

Playing pool ... not quite as expensive as the above, if playing is all you do. If you drink or bet while playing ... well, it could get quite costly.

Gambling ... could break even ... but the old adage, "The house always wins" is 99.9999% true.

She listed a few others ... but you get the idea. Fishing, the way I do it, is about the least expensive vice she can imagine.

She's happy I'm happy. And when she's happy ... I am happy.

That's nice Mike

Thanks, Nick.

I could go on and on about how she and I are perfect for each other, but people start saying crap like, "Who are you trying to convince ... us or yourself?"

Anyway, yes, we are a perfect match and it's much more than nice.