Fly Tying
josephcsylvia

Sorting the sbs section?

Im sure im not the only one who feels this way, maybe there's a way to do this I dont know.

I think the sbs section is awesome, but would be much more useful if it was categorized.

Something like saltwater, nymph, dry, streamer, ect...

If they cant restructure the section can we as individuals put a descriptive word like above in the title?

Im sure some guys know every name of every fly but most of us dont.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea??

I see that, whats there already can be left, but an admin can pin a heading saying please tag your fly catagory in title. Then you dont have to click on every post looking for something. Would take two minutes to start it in the right direction.

you should send a pm to "smalliehunter" owner of the forum or "steeldrifter" to voice your concerns or to make requests regarding the forum

Probably not as easy as it sounds. Someone would have to go through every SBS posted, and classify them. I know this site is run by people who have jobs, and so, don't have hours a day to spend modifying hundreds or thousands of posts.

I understand your point, Joseph ... I just don't see it getting done, unless you're willing to do it.

SteelDrifter or SmallieHunter might allow you access if you have the time to sort through them all.

Doing it that way would take some time, which I would have no problem doing I think that section is awesome.

I was really thinking for them to pin a post asking from this point forward put a word in your title to classify it.

For example title "Elk hair caddis sbs (dry)" or "Kwan sbs (saltwater)" then you can scan the titles and find what you want.

joe

this may be a simple solution that might even get elevated to a "sticky" (however i dont see any forum categories that have "stickys")

YOU should create a new thread in the sbs section asking for the creators of future sbs include "dry" "saltwater" "nymph" etc etc etc in the title of their posts

for me personally i'm happy with the the category as it is. its not that hard to click on the title and see what it is

i also highly doubt that you or anybody else would get access

I agree on the access didnt see that happening.

Yes it is easy enough to click on the pictures until you look through about 100 of them like I did the other day looking for saltwater patterns then by the time your done you dont feel like tying lol that lead me to this post.

Even if only have the people tagged thier title it would help some. Ive started composing an email to the admins even included a template so they can literally copy and paste it and pin it.

Im not even wanting it to be a requirement just ask people to do it goes a long way. I was hoping more people would chime in with their opinion. Thank you guys for yours. Hope you all have a great christmas, taking my kids to bass pro tomorrow for pics with Santa ( and a great excuse to do some shopping)!!

It would be nice to have sections for dry flies, wet flies, streamers etc. My fishing clubs website did this but it is limited to dry or wet flies. Even at that it saves you from looking at an Adams or Elk Hair Caddis when your wanting Gold Ribbed Hairs Ear.

It would be a nice enhancement. But even as stated earlier, tag it in the name.