Fly Tying
oldtrout58

Illegal fly tying ring busted!

When its a family thing its called a lifestyle (much like being a farmer and kids work long hours around the farm). Im close to 50 now but dad taught all of his kids how to tie and we all were expected to help fill jig orders. I was happy to teach each of my kids how to tie but as they get older their interests move to boyfriends / girlfriends, college, video games. If fly tying was on PS4 my youngest would kick ass!

That's sad Jay, but I know what you mean. If the grandkids come here this summer I'm laying down some new rules. Video games timed, after that read, board games, card games, outside if temps are reasonable (we get too much 100+). I put up with too much of it last summer but not this year.

Mike, the world famous "Ya' want somethin' to cry about??? I'll give ya' somethin' to cry about". I'll bet that translates in every language.

I have seen people get all up in arms about an article they copied from "The Onion", only the Onion is specifically made up and expanded stories of satire just like this one but people read it before checking the source. After all, must be true...it was on the internet.

vicrider - Im not to worried I myself veered away from tying when I was college age and now continue on with the family business.

vicrider - Im not to worried I myself veered away from tying when I was college age and now continue on with the family business.

If the grandkids come here this summer I'm laying down some new rules.

Mike, the world famous "Ya' want somethin' to cry about??? I'll give ya' somethin' to cry about". I'll bet that translates in every language.

After all, must be true...it was on the internet.

Another good reason not to have kids ... ultimately, they might saddle you with MORE little rug rats.

Yep, Vic. Every dad has probably said something similar to a kid. Kind of like, "You think you got it tough? When I was your age ..."

uuuuuummmmmmm Are you suggesting there are things on the Internet that ... aren't true???