Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Randi

Tying light

Hey all just a question I have a makenzie vise light as of Monday the power supply went bad.My question is are there power supplies available or a replacement light that directs the light right on the vise

I don't know what kind of "power supply" your light takes, but Radio Shack and other stores like, have good selections of power adapters. If you take yours in, they should be able to find you a replacement.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

Pretty sure it is just a generic12 volt AC/DC adapter. You should be able to check the label of the adapter for specs in volts and amps, and then just do google a replacement. Otherwise, if you take it down to an electronics supply story like Radio Shack, they should be able to provide a replacement.

Finding a Radio Shack is problematical. Around here, at least, they're rare. I'd call the MFG unless you can find a source nearby.

with all of the electronic devices we all have in our homes, do you have one that fits your light?

or give radio shack a try as has been mentioned

with all of the electronic devices we all have in our homes, do you have one that fits your light?

or give radio shack a try as has been mentioned

LOL Speaking of which ... I have a dozen or so in a drawer in the garage.

I get home in ten days ... I can look for one.

Thanks all I would look at the label except all the writing is worn off I have had this light since high school I saw a reply that said 12 volt?

Mine is 7.5 watts, 1.6 amps. Which is more than enough amps to electrocute you.

According to Watts Law ... watts/amps=volts ... so 7.5/1.6 = 4.7 volts. It takes about 40 volts to push amperage through the resistance of the human body. So, there's not enough voltage to push the amperage through your body ... it can't electrocute you.

Hey all just a question I have a makenzie vise light as of Monday the power supply went bad.My question is are there power supplies available or a replacement light that directs the light right on the vise

Flytyingforum knows all.

There was a thread on FTF in 2010 on the power supply for a McKenzie Vise Light in 2010.

Runarsson found the power supply is 12V and 1.5 amp. Orange Caddis posted the model # of the power supply and the mfg website.

I'm sure you can find one online, if you don't have one lying around. Maybe one of us have one in our hoards of power bricks for long forgotten electronic gizmos.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

The model number of the adapter for the small light is SW-1215W, and the specs can be confirmed at the manufacturers site (http://www.phcenterp...om/adaptor.html)...

Jason