Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Canal Bass Fly Rod

I don't think so. Never really tried it. I do keep my line conditioned with silicone line conditioner a few times a year and it seems to help it last a lot longer. It certainly helps it slide through the guides. My last fly line I changed had been on my reel for a good 8 years. I just couldn't justify spending double for some other fancy fly line.

you can use just about any line and get the flies there, the difference is how easy it's going to be. I have all pretty expensive lines one my 8 weight got them all on sale my floating titan taper is the one I use the most followed by my sinking outbound short. I think I got my Titan taper for 40$ or so on sale from sierra trading post if I were to lose it tomorrow I wouldn't hesitate to spend 80$ on a new one, here's why it will cast anything and cast it well, I only need two false casts to get out 80ft easily and that's with only about 35-40 ft behind me I can easily do 60 with 25-30. Less false casts my arm doesn't get as tired my flies spend more time in the water, if I am sight casting to a fish I can quickly get my fly back in front of it before it swims off. Since I was using it with a 7.5 (butt section of a 15 ft) ft section of 3.9 fps versa leader today I can tell you that it easily casts it the same as it does the rest of the line you can buy a versa leader to use with it and you won't feel any negative effect on the casting, if you decide to go with the Titan taper here's an 8 wt on sale http://www.bluequillangler.com/Products/On-Sale/Scientific-Anglers-Mastery-Textured-Series-Titan-Taper#.V14cJJErKCh

oh yea also I've been fishing it in 95 degrees or so the last couple weeks never noticed a difference between that and 65.

A rod doesn't know what it is supposed to be used for. An 8 wt., or any other weight, could be used for SW or FW. I fished for years with what is now a 7 wt. fiberglass rod. I'll admit I never used a fly rod for SW as I don't care for the ocean or beach. Two things that I see brought out are the size of flies or poppers you might be using. That would have a direct bearing on the line weight and type as WF or DT. Second, your cast can be refined to make delicate casts by aiming about four feet above your target and letting it settle down. Good luck on making a choice as there are a whole sackfull of rods available.